Mehdi Benatia

George Hannah said:
thesilvalining said:
To be on the b list you have to have been at the club for 2 years, so Nastasic couldn't be b list last year but can this year
Conditions for registration: List A
18.08 No club may have more than 25 players on List A during the season, two of whom must be goalkeepers. As a minimum, eight places are reserved exclusively for “locally trained players” and no club may have more than four “association-trained players” listed on these eight places on List A. List A must specify the players who qualify as being “locally trained”, as well as whether they are “club-trained” or “association-trained”. The possible combinations that enable clubs to comply with the List A requirements are set out in Annex VIII.
18.09 A “locally trained player” is either a “club-trained player” or an “association-trained player”.
18.10 A “club-trained player” is a player who, between the age of 15 (or the start of the season during which he turns 15) and 21 (or the end of the season during which he turns 21), and irrespective of his nationality and age, has been registered with his current club for a period, continuous or not, of three entire seasons (i.e. a period starting with the first official match of the relevant national championship and ending with the last official match of that relevant national championship) or of 36 months.
18.11 An “association-trained player” is a player who, between the age of 15 (or the start of the season during which the player turns 15) and 21 (or the end of the season during which the player turns 21), and irrespective of his nationality and age, has been registered with a club or with other clubs affiliated to the same association as that of his current club for a period, continuous or not, of three entire seasons or of 36 months.
18.12 If a club has fewer than eight locally trained players in its squad, then the maximum number of players on List A is reduced accordingly.
My comment was about the b list not the a list?

BigOscar said:
I'm getting increasingly uncomfortable with the idea of signing him tbh. For the amount he'd cost and the age he is, I'd want someone a lot more proven than a guy with one good year in an increasingly wank Serie A ( I know he'd played well before this year for Udinese, but there wasn't exactly a queue to sign him when he went to Roma last year for £10m). The fact that even Stefan Savic looks good in that league gives me real worries, although I did feel he was harshly treated in his time over here. If it's anything over £20m, then it looks a real gamble
You can tell he's quality by the way he plays though and he finished roma's top scorer. He's also hardly old, actually young at recently 27

Raggi01 said:
BigOscar said:
I'm getting increasingly uncomfortable with the idea of signing him tbh. For the amount he'd cost and the age he is, I'd want someone a lot more proven than a guy with one good year in an increasingly wank Serie A ( I know he'd played well before this year for Udinese, but there wasn't exactly a queue to sign him when he went to Roma last year for £10m). The fact that even Stefan Savic looks good in that league gives me real worries, although I did feel he was harshly treated in his time over here. If it's anything over £20m, then it looks a real gamble
You can tell he's quality by the way he plays though and he finished roma's top scorer. He's also hardly old, actually young at recently 27
27 isn't young though is it? That's your prime, by then you should of established yourself and proven the level you are. For a 27 year old, he is very unproven at the highest level. No european experience, no experience in a top league and no significant international experience.

As for his goalscoring, that doesn't seem to be remotely true? (He scored 5 goals, by my reckoning that would make him their 7th top scorer?) I wouldn't really care much if he was their top goalscorer either tbh, as goals are a bonus for a defender, not what you should judge them on. My main concern is that two of the other standout players in that Roma team are Gervinho and Maicon, who both showed themselves to not be particularly good when they played over here, not to mention last years star man Lamela seems incapable of even getting near the Spurs team. Playing well in Serie A just doesn't mean very much anymore imo, it's a massive gamble, I really can't remember too many players who've gone from Italy to England and been a success (whereas every PL reject seems to find Serie A to be a walk in the park)

BigOscar said:
Raggi01 said:
BigOscar said:
27 isn't young though is it? That's your prime, by then you should of established yourself and proven the level you are. For a 27 year old, he is very unproven at the highest level. No european experience, no experience in a top league and no significant international experience.

As for his goalscoring, that doesn't seem to be remotely true? (He scored 5 goals, by my reckoning that would make him their 7th top scorer?) I wouldn't really care much if he was their top goalscorer either tbh, as goals are a bonus for a defender, not what you should judge them on. My main concern is that two of the other standout players in that Roma team are Gervinho and Maicon, who both showed themselves to not be particularly good when they played over here, not to mention last years star man Lamela seems incapable of even getting near the Spurs team. Playing well in Serie A just doesn't mean very much anymore imo, it's a massive gamble, I really can't remember too many players who've gone from Italy to England and been a success (whereas every PL reject seems to find Serie A to be a walk in the park)

Kolarov came from Lazio yea? I think he's panned out pretty well. Talked to a few Serie A experts and they all agree he's Roma's best defender and despite their recent form was pretty good all season only giving 2 more goals than Juve. Him being in AFCON shouldn't be a problem as we still have Demi and possibly Rekik coming back. You're main concerns about their 2 other standouts, Gervinho was reunited with his manager that helped him catch the eyes of Arsenal in the first place and Maicon is mired used to the Serie A pace.

thesilvalining said:
George Hannah said:
thesilvalining said:
To be on the b list you have to have been at the club for 2 years, so Nastasic couldn't be b list last year but can this year
18.08 No club may have more than 25 players on List A during the season, two of whom must be goalkeepers. As a minimum, eight places are reserved exclusively for “locally trained players” and no club may have more than four “association-trained players” listed on these eight places on List A. List A must specify the players who qualify as being “locally trained”, as well as whether they are “club-trained” or “association-trained”. The possible combinations that enable clubs to comply with the List A requirements are set out in Annex VIII.
18.09 A “locally trained player” is either a “club-trained player” or an “association-trained player”.
18.10 A “club-trained player” is a player who, between the age of 15 (or the start of the season during which he turns 15) and 21 (or the end of the season during which he turns 21), and irrespective of his nationality and age, has been registered with his current club for a period, continuous or not, of three entire seasons (i.e. a period starting with the first official match of the relevant national championship and ending with the last official match of that relevant national championship) or of 36 months.
18.11 An “association-trained player” is a player who, between the age of 15 (or the start of the season during which the player turns 15) and 21 (or the end of the season during which the player turns 21), and irrespective of his nationality and age, has been registered with a club or with other clubs affiliated to the same association as that of his current club for a period, continuous or not, of three entire seasons or of 36 months.
18.12 If a club has fewer than eight locally trained players in its squad, then the maximum number of players on List A is reduced accordingly.
The B list is for players under 21 but the rules provide for those with only two years registered at a local club to be available for selection for UEFA competitions by anticipating they will complete a third year before they reach the age limit. Nastasic was signed by us from a foreign club aged 19 and is therefore unable to meet the UEFA locally trained criteria. We went through all this on here with Balotelli.

George Hannah said:
thesilvalining said:
George Hannah said:
The B list is for players under 21 but the rules provide for those with only two years registered at a local club to be available for selection for UEFA competitions by anticipating they will complete a third year before they reach the age limit. Nastasic was signed by us from a foreign club aged 19 and is therefore unable to meet the UEFA locally trained criteria. We went through all this on here with Balotelli.
If that is correct I apologize mate, I guess I got it wrong

George Hannah said:
thesilvalining said:
George Hannah said:

Balotelli is irrelevant to this discussion as by the time he'd been with City for 2 seasons he was too old for the B List.

Here are the exact regulations for the B-list from the UEFA site:

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.uefa.org/MultimediaFiles/Download/Regulations/uefaorg/Regulations/02/09/88/17/2098817_DOWNLOAD.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.uefa.org/MultimediaFiles/Dow ... WNLOAD.pdf</a>

Conditions for registration: List B

18.16 Each club is entitled to register an unlimited number of players on List B
during the season. The list must be submitted by no later than 24.00 CET on
the day before the match in question.

18.17 A player may be registered on List B if he is born on or after 1 January 1993
and has been eligible to play for the club concerned for any uninterrupted
period of two years since his 15th birthday by the time he is registered with
UEFA. Players aged 16 may be registered on List B if they have been
registered with the participating club for the previous two years without
interruption.

Nastasic will fulfill those regs by the start of next season.

SPIDERBOY said:
Gazzetta and mundo deportivo are saying barca are in for him. €30-35 million.

So Mangala wants Chelsea and Barca want Benatia. Full on flapping summer ahead.

pavelsrnicek said:
SPIDERBOY said:
Gazzetta and mundo deportivo are saying barca are in for him. €30-35 million.

So Mangala wants Chelsea and Barca want Benatia. Full on flapping summer ahead.

Honestly I think we'll struggle to get a top CB in - sorry I'm just being realistic ..... It sounds like Fernando wants to come but City and Porto were looking at brokering a combined deal with Mangala who has put a spanner in the works. Barca know we're restricted with regards transfer cap and can blow us out of the water on the Benataia deal if they want to!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.