Mehdi Benatia

LoveCity said:
sam-caddick said:
Got a feeling we will keep what we have at this rate.

The only way I see us getting Benatia if we are interested would be to put 40m on the table.

Even if we couldn't get Benatia or Mangala, there are others out there we could look at. Garay from Benfica (arguably better than Mangala), Laporte from Bilbao, Hummels or Subotic from Dortmund, Musacchio from Villarreal... or even another move for Pepe. There are always options that would strengthen our defence and I think the club will have an extensive list from the scouts. IMO there is a <10% chance we won't add a centre-back this summer, especially with Lescott gone.

I think Garay looks a decent player.

Another Argentinian as well.

sam-caddick said:
LoveCity said:
sam-caddick said:

The only way I see us getting Benatia if we are interested would be to put 40m on the table.

Even if we couldn't get Benatia or Mangala, there are others out there we could look at. Garay from Benfica (arguably better than Mangala), Laporte from Bilbao, Hummels or Subotic from Dortmund, Musacchio from Villarreal... or even another move for Pepe. There are always options that would strengthen our defence and I think the club will have an extensive list from the scouts. IMO there is a <10% chance we won't add a centre-back this summer, especially with Lescott gone.

I have no idea why we aren't all in for him, he fits the bill perfectly. Left sided ball playing CB, bags of experience, proven quality, and readily available for about £20m, with only the rags and Valencia as competition. Seems like a no brainer

BigOscar said:
sam-caddick said:
LoveCity said:

I have no idea why we aren't all in for him, he fits the bill perfectly. Left sided ball playing CB, bags of experience, proven quality, and readily available for about £20m, with only the rags and Valencia as competition. Seems like a no brainer

I think he will be on the list of options but obviosuly not at the top of the pile.

He will be 28 in October but for £20m I think it makes sense if we cannot get Mangala or Benatia.

I don't want Mangala now anyway after what he said yesterday, he clearly doesn't fancy joining us.

LoveCity said:
sam-caddick said:

We've also been linked with Vermaelen, Vertonghen and Dante. David Luiz looks like he's leaving Chelsea. Agger, Varane, Badstuber and Mascherano could all be available too. Others include Inigo Martinez, Howedes, Matip, Chiellini etc. Also, with an inevitable exodus at Barcelona Pique could be a target, especially due to him being homegrown. So there are plenty of options out there, but I still think we'll get Mangala.

kun said:
LoveCity said:
sam-caddick said:

We've been linked with Vermaelen, Vertonghen and Dante. David Luiz looks like he's leaving Chelsea. Agger, Varane, Badstuber and Mascherano could all be available too. Others include Inigo Martinez, Howedes, Matip, Chiellini etc. Also, with an inevitable exodus at Barcelona Pique could be a target, especially due to him being homegrown. So there are plenty of options out there, but I still think we'll get Mangala.

I hope not, any player who comes out and publicy says he wants to join another club instead of yours you know it's time to move away, his heart wont be in it and he will likely moan about living in Manchester after stating he prefers London.

BigOscar said:
sam-caddick said:
LoveCity said:

Big fan of Garay could be even cheaper as his going into the last year of his contract. Sign Him Up

sam-caddick said:
kun said:
LoveCity said:
We've been linked with Vermaelen, Vertonghen and Dante. David Luiz looks like he's leaving Chelsea. Agger, Varane, Badstuber and Mascherano could all be available too. Others include Inigo Martinez, Howedes, Matip, Chiellini etc. Also, with an inevitable exodus at Barcelona Pique could be a target, especially due to him being homegrown. So there are plenty of options out there, but I still think we'll get Mangala.

I hope not, any player who comes out and publicy says he wants to join another club instead of yours you know it's time to move away, his heart wont be in it and he will likely moan about living in Manchester after stating he prefers London.
You'd have to be extremely naive to believe the likes of Aguero, Silva and Yaya prefer Manchester to London.

kun said:
sam-caddick said:
kun said:

You'd have to be extremely naive to believe the likes of Aguero, Silva and Yaya prefer Manchester to London.

They never came out with it when they signed for us though and they haven't done since.

Tevez and Balotelli were two players who made it public knowledge they didn't like Manchester and it's no coincidence they don't play for us anymore.

We want players who come out and say that they really want to join our club like Fernandinho last year, Mangala has hardly put confidence in us fans with his comments yesterday.

sam-caddick said:
kun said:
LoveCity said:

In short he sounds like a complete tw*t ... bet he's never been to Manchester!!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.