Mehdi Benatia

oakiecokie said:
Taylor said:
IanBishopsHaircut said:
MEN stating that we are not willing to sell Nasty or the beast so i'm guessing the 38million euros is cash only

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/manchester-city-transfers-matija-nastasic-7362777" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/ ... ic-7362777</a>

The men know nothing!

Oi, behave.

do you work for the MEN oakie??

richards30 said:
oakiecokie said:
Taylor said:
The men know nothing!

Oi, behave.

Not at all mate.However I do like to give credit where its due and SB has done some wonderful positive stories on our Club for a while now.I still buy the paper 6 days a week and have done for 30+ years.

I think it's highly likely, almost certain, that Italian reports of an imminent deal are completely fabricated. It sounds like bollocks to me.

Tricky_Trev said:
I think it's highly likely, almost certain, that Italian reports of an imminent deal are completely fabricated. It sounds like bollocks to me.

you not gone yet trev?!?!? ;-)

di marzio reckons there is talks on going and we all know that Italian clubs and bosses try to ramp up bidding wars etc. I do hope things started ramping up on this one as benatia and vinny would be a dream cb pairing!

01cravend said:
Taylor said:
IanBishopsHaircut said:
MEN stating that we are not willing to sell Nasty or the beast so i'm guessing the 38million euros is cash only

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/manchester-city-transfers-matija-nastasic-7362777" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/ ... ic-7362777</a>

The men know nothing!

Jon Snow

Well that made ME laugh.

oakiecokie said:
richards30 said:
oakiecokie said:
Oi, behave.

Not at all mate.However I do like to give credit where its due and SB has done some wonderful positive stories on our Club for a while now.I still buy the paper 6 days a week and have done for 30+ years.
You deserve a free year as a loyalty bonus Oakie. Plus for your support of the paper on here.

We used to have it delivered every day in the sixties and seventies. I used to enjoy the Alfredo and Ramsbottom cartoons. I can still remember one of them even today. The one when Alfredo dressed as a robber, ran from tree to tree in his escape from the cops, whose dog had to stop at each one for a pee.

Apologies for going off topic.

Hi Citizens fans, I'm a Roma supporter and a big admirer of yours and I wanted to say a couple of things.

First of all Benatia is a beast and he's been the best defender in Serie A since he joined it, he just didn't get noticed playing for Udinese, no wonder his value skyrocketed playing for us.

Have a look to Udinese history and their placings.

2009/2010 - 15th (before he joined)
2010/2011 - 4th
2011/2012 - 3rd
2012/2013 - 5th
2013/2014 - 13th (after he left Roma finished 2nd coming from a disastrous 6th place)

In other words his impact is huge, he remembers me of Samuel in his prime. He's a true leader exuding charisma from every pore and technically speaking is flawless.
He's fast, athletic, strong, very aggressive, always plays the high line but he can also cover up if necessary, seriuosly, I can't find any Achilles' heel, his mindset is impressive as well.

Now a little insight for you.

He secretely tried out for Chelsea during Mourinho first tenure, Drogba was his sponsor, and it went really well, so the say, but he wasn't ready yet to leave France therefore he didn't move. Then you have remarkable scouting by Udinese and alea iacta est (the die is cast).

After a brief excursus let's go back to the market.

He has 4 years left in his contract and Roma DOESN'T WANT to sell him, although he's making it impossible to sustain. Financially speaking we're in great shape right now, we should have enough money (30-35 coming from the 2nd place) to buy the 2 players we need: a lefty winger who plays on the right and could possibily be from time to time the main striker (Yarmolenko) and a left-back with international experience, a Kolarov kind of guy.

Luiz sale came in our favour, he drugged the market and I have to admit that a Benatia-Kompany would be scary and fascinating to watch at the same time, but I don't see any plausible scenario here that doesn't include a rip-off, that's the way it is.

I've watched Mangala quite a bit and he's nowhere near the level of Benatia, they're not in the same league, not yet at least. If a were you I'd keep Nasty instead of splashing out money for him, it's ridicoulus even comparing the two of them.

€30m + Nastasic is clearly a bargain for us, I would never decline that offer, he was fantastic for Fiorentina and btw Savic is great too, but it isn't ideal though. We already have two lefty, Castan, good energy guy and Romagnoli (19yo), who he's is projected as the future starter for Italy, he's clearly a span above the rest of the competion while we're speaking, Nasty looks very unlikely to me for a series of reasons: a)he's lefty too; b) extra and c) earns a lot of money, way over our limit. We also have an agreement for 2-3m with Lille to take Basa, the best Ligue A defender last season after Thiago Silva, he's a cheap and a good back-up but extra too, which makes Nastatsic's deal almost impossibile. I doubt we can take them both (Nastasic+Basa) and then fill our priorities (winger and left-back) with two non-extra players.

€30m + Nastasic I'd take it right away
€20-25+ Nastasic would be fair but I'll reject it immediately for the reasons I've descrived you before, I'd rather have €45m cash and then decide which player chase.

Remember guy he has to be a rip-off in order to happen otherwise Sabatini won't sell, even if Medhi has lately become a pain in the arse. He has 4 years left in his contract, we clearly have the upper-hand.

I personally would like any deal including Rekik, I'm sure Sabatini knows him well, we say in Italy "there's not a single player Sabatini on the planet Earth that Sabatini doesn't know", we need an experienced guy for the coming Champions League and the Tunisian doesn't have it.
You would argue that Medhi is inexperienced as well, sure, but if you're good you're good no matter what level you're playing.

I hope to have shed light on your doubts.

Best Regards

sgerlat said:
Hi Citizens fans, I'm a Roma supporter and a big admirer of yours and I wanted to say a couple of things.

First of all Benatia is a beast and he's been the best defender in Serie A since he joined it, he just didn't get noticed playing for Udinese, no wonder his value skyrocketed playing for us.

2010/2011 - 4th
2011/2012 - 3rd
2012/2013 - 5th
2013/2014 - 13th (after he left Roma finished 2nd coming from a disastrous 6th place)

In other words his impact is huge, he remembers me of Samuel in his prime. He's a true leader exuding charisma from every pore and technically speaking is flawless.
He's fast, athletic, strong, very aggressive, always plays the high line but he can also cover up if necessary, seriuosly, I can't find any Achilles' heel, his mindset is impressive as well.

He secretely tried out for Chelsea during Mourinho first tenure, Drogba was his sponsor, and it went really well, so the say, but he wasn't ready yet to leave France therefore he didn't move. Then you have remarkable scouting by Udinese and alea iacta est (the die is cast).

He has 4 years left in his contract and Roma DOESN'T WANT to sell him, although he's making it impossible to sustain. Financially speaking we're in great shape right now, we should have enough money (30-35 coming from the 2nd place) to buy the 2 players we need: a lefty winger who plays on the right and could possibily be from time to time the main striker (Yarmolenko) and a left-back with international experience, a Kolarov kind of guy.

Luiz sale came in our favour, he drugged the market and I have to admit that a Benatia-Kompany would be scary and fascinating to watch at the same time, but I don't see any plausible scenario here that doesn't include a rip-off, that's the way it is.

I've watched Mangala quite a bit and he's nowhere near the level of Benatia, they're not in the same league, not yet at least. If a were you I'd keep Nasty instead of splashing out money for him, it's ridicoulus even comparing the two of them.

€30m + Nastasic is clearly a bargain for us, I would never decline that offer, he was fantastic for Fiorentina and btw Savic is great too, but it isn't ideal though. We already have two lefty, Castan, good energy guy and Romagnoli (19yo), who he's is projected as the future starter for Italy, he's clearly a span above the rest of the competion while we're speaking, Nasty looks very unlikely to me for a series of reasons: a)he's lefty too; b) extra and c) earns a lot of money, way over our limit. We also have an agreement for 2-3m with Lille to take Basa, the best Ligue A defender last season after Thiago Silva, he's a cheap and a good back-up but extra too, which makes Nastatsic's deal almost impossibile. I doubt we can take them both (Nastasic+Basa) and then fill our priorities (winger and left-back) with two non-extra players.

€20-25+ Nastasic would be fair but I'll reject it immediately for the reasons I've descrived you before, I'd rather have €45m cash and then decide which player chase.

Remember guy he has to be a rip-off in order to happen otherwise Sabatini won't sell, even if Medhi has lately become a pain in the arse. He has 4 years left in his contract, we clearly have the upper-hand.

I personally would like any deal including Rekik, I'm sure Sabatini knows him well, we say in Italy "there's not a single player Sabatini on the planet Earth that Sabatini doesn't know", we need an experienced guy for the coming Champions League and the Tunisian doesn't have it.
You would argue that Medhi is inexperienced as well, sure, but if you're good you're good no matter what level you're playing.

Best Regards

Interesting thanks. Id prefer him over Mangala too. Unfortunately the Porto deal looks more likely since I think its easier to persuade the player to come rather than the club to sell.

It looks like we have an agreement with Benatia but not Roma and Porto but not Mangala.

sgerlat said:

2010/2011 - 4th
2011/2012 - 3rd
2012/2013 - 5th

Best Regards

Very insightful and I like the sound of Benatia. However, I'm very hesitant of getting rid of Nastasic because I think it's great having young players of his talent as a back up.

Mangala doesn't want to move to Manchester so I'd prefer a player that wants to come to Manchester then not.

I forgot to say that while either Totti or De Rossi weren't on the pitch he was the team captain and it's really impressive considering we signed him last year.

It's perfect but I'd keep Nastasic too if the price is too high.

I just wished he hadn't made all that fuss about himself wanting to leave, a private talk with Sabatini could have worked just fine. Now is a matter of state and the supporters are rightly pissed off.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.