Mehdi Benatia

NQCitizen said:
Benarbia said:
If all these stories are true got to admire the lad he really wants to play for us
Bet we'd be full of admiration if Kompany stopped training, fell out with Txiki and refused wage increases to push through a move to Barca.

Your point is valid, but I can find room in my conscience over the fact that Roma can't pay him what we can pay him (would never be true for Kompany) and that a PL move is a step up in his career (imo we are now at Barca/Madrid/Bayern level so this isn't possible for Kompany either). So for Vincent it'd just be whiny twat stuff, for Benatia he's being denied a promotion!

Maybe Roma are trying to convince him to go elsewhere?

According to calciomercato.com,Bayern Munich would have interest in Central Rome,Mehdi Benatia,and in turn,the Italian capital club has an interest in the end of the German team,Xherdan Shaqiri.

teddykgb said:
NQCitizen said:
Benarbia said:
If all these stories are true got to admire the lad he really wants to play for us
Bet we'd be full of admiration if Kompany stopped training, fell out with Txiki and refused wage increases to push through a move to Barca.

Your point is valid, but I can find room in my conscience over the fact that Roma can't pay him what we can pay him (would never be true for Kompany) and that a PL move is a step up in his career (imo we are now at Barca/Madrid/Bayern level so this isn't possible for Kompany either). So for Vincent it'd just be whiny twat stuff, for Benatia he's being denied a promotion!

We are not at Real Madrid, or Bayern Munich's level yet.

Bilboblue said:
teddykgb said:
NQCitizen said:

We are not at Real Madrid, or Bayern Munich's level yet.

Correct. As much as we laugh at the rags and dippers for going on about history, it does play a part in the mind of a potential new player.

A lot of footballers will have grown up dreaming of playing for the likes of Madrid, Barca, the rags and perhaps Milan, Juventus and Bayern, just down to the fact that they have won a lot of trophies over the last 20 - 30 years and are the biggest clubs in their respective countries.

Unfortunately, players haven't grown up dreaming of playing for City, the idea is that in 20 years time we are the club players dream of playing for.

I hope that doesn't sound to RAWK'y

from wikipedia

benatia_2.jpg

<a class="postlink" href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mehdi_Benatia" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mehdi_Benatia</a>

Dipsis_LTU_MC said:
from wikipedia

benatia_2.jpg

<a class="postlink" href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mehdi_Benatia" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mehdi_Benatia</a>

Lol this happened to the Fernando wiki page as well before signing him. So who knows this can be for Benatia as well.

I know anyone can change the wiki pages as well but just pointing out as a good sign haha. :)

forevermancity said:
Can we get a block on all wiki pages? Sad bastards spend all day making stuff up and some take it for gospel

It was updated today at 13.40pm as well. Remember what people did to RIIAC's wiki

teddykgb said:
NQCitizen said:
Benarbia said:

As others have said, we're not at the same level as Madrid or Bayern yet, not specifically for footballing reasons, but just look at Utd and Liverpool, they've been competing at the top table in Europe for decades and winning stuff along the way, but if Madrid or Barca come knocking for a player, they're not even on the same level to be able to stop the player leaving, IMO it will take us a very successful trophy filled 30/40 years to be even close to the levels of Madrid and Barca, they are the two teams that children across the world grow up dreaming of playing for, Utd and Liverpool have won 8 European cups between them and aren't even close to having the pulling power the Spanish giants have, however much the deluded rags and dippers fans try telling us how they're the biggest cubs in the world.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.