Mehdi Benatia

andrewmswift said:
Not that this means anything: <a class="postlink" href="https://www.facebook.com/pages/Mehdi-Benatia/248257122029366" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">https://www.facebook.com/pages/Mehdi-Be ... 7122029366</a>
Fake account.

C.C said:
andrewmswift said:
Not that this means anything: <a class="postlink" href="https://www.facebook.com/pages/Mehdi-Benatia/248257122029366" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">https://www.facebook.com/pages/Mehdi-Be ... 7122029366</a>
Fake account.
11uyyd5.jpg

To me that looks like Vinny Kompany's body, there's something about the hands. Which possibly makes me a sad person...

According to reports in the Italian media AS Roma will be prepared to sell defender Mehdi Benatia. The Serie A club in recent weeks have always maintained that the Moroccan international isn’t for sale but things have changed in the past couple of days.

TMW have reported that Roma will now start to listen to offers for Benatia which will put both Manchester City and Spanish giants Barcelona on alert. Both clubs have been tracking the player in recent weeks but Roma manager Rudi Garcia has regarded him as an untouchable and therefore he wasn’t prepared to let him leave. The Italian side have been trying to extend the contract of the 27 year old but it now seems they are further away to agreeing on this and therefore they have backtracked on their decision to trying to keep the player at the club.

Only this week Calcimercarto reported that Benatia dreams of playing for a club like Manchester City. He said that he is now at a stage in his career were he needs to play for a bigger club and indentified the likes of the Premier League champions and Barcelona as being clubs he would like to join.

“Today there are clubs such as Barcelona, ​​Bayern Munich, Manchester City, teams that are the dreams of footballer. Anyway, I'm waiting, and we're talking with my agent. I think soon we will know a little more," said the Moroccan international on his future,” said Benatia on his desire to play for the Premier League champions.

With Vincent Kompany needing a reliable partner in the centre of the defence Benatia may be seen as an alternative to Porto defender Eliaquim Mangala. The French international has recently spoken about not wanting to join Manchester City but instead play for Chelsea so the club have had to look for alternatives.

Rammyblues said:
Split the difference at 28m and get it sorted. Bloody hell I am good at this negotiating lark.

Seems high. I had never heard of this guy until about two weeks ago. I dont profess to be the font of all knowledge but is it not just the case that he has had one decent season?

Cityisland said:
Rammyblues said:
Split the difference at 28m and get it sorted. Bloody hell I am good at this negotiating lark.

Seems high. I had never heard of this guy until about two weeks ago. I dont profess to be the font of all knowledge but is it not just the case that he has had one decent season?
He's been good and consistently improving in a shit udinese team for a while, this season he's shown what he can do in a strong team with roma.

TrueBlue1705 said:
Why would we sell Nastasic ??

It'd be gross short-sightedness. He was considered one of the best young defenders in the world in 2012/13 next to Varane and Marquinhos (who has also had struggles), and he shouldn't be discarded for one bad (and injury hit) season. Only if Nastasic fails to adjust to the high line after more time should a sale even be considered. He's only 21, years off his prime and already playing at a high level.

An argument for signing a player in his prime like Benatia would be the good defensive prospects we seem to have (Nastasic, Rekik, Denayer). And (barely) 27 is no age for a defender, that's at least 4 or 5 peak seasons.

Not that I'll complain if we get Mangala either, he has great upside even if he's not as ready-made.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.