Mehdi Benatia

SPIDERBOY said:
Rammy Blue said:
I reckon we'll get him, opening bid just to loosen them up. We'll prob pay circa £25mil, which to my mind should represent decent value for the lad.

Mercato365 reckon we offered €22 million and was told "no"...........apparently not willing to let him go for less than €35 million.

€35 million is about £28.5 million... hopefully City can negotiate it closer to £25 million.

Now that Chelsea and Mou are annoying enough to hijack our target with Lukaku and 18m, we need to step it up.

A few things speaks FOR city in this situation... 1. Roma just want money for new defenders and other targets of their choice, not a Lukaku that they perhaps not is so i need of. 2. Benatia could get alot more in salary form City. 3. Benatia is best friend with Sami and that could be use. 4. Hope Roma sees what a bunch of pricks Chelsea are trying to steal a deal just cuz they are scared? Pathetic. 5. Roma knowes aswell that Chelsea are bidding on every cetral defender in the world right now.

Hope City's board understand what they have to do and DONT miss out on this perfect target....

Agreed?

MeatHunterrr said:
SPIDERBOY said:
Rammy Blue said:
I reckon we'll get him, opening bid just to loosen them up. We'll prob pay circa £25mil, which to my mind should represent decent value for the lad.

Mercato365 reckon we offered €22 million and was told "no"...........apparently not willing to let him go for less than €35 million.

€35 million is about £28.5 million... hopefully City can negotiate it closer to £25 million.

Now that Chelsea are acting like pricks we need to step up the chase... I fear that the lukaku-offer could break us.

Citeh_ said:
Or maybe instead of trying to hike up the fee for Benatia, Roma just aren't interested in selling one of their best players no matter the price? He has 4 years left on his contract, not 1 or 2 but 4… Thats what makes this so difficult because they just got him and now they are in Champions Leauge and don't NEED to sell, last year they NEEDED to sell because they had no other income besides player sales. Now they do. What part of that don't you guys understand, Roma aren't just going to sell Benatia to us because he's complained about his contract in the media and City made an offer. If they have no intention to sell, then they have no intention to sell.
Yes, we get it. You've joined the forum to tell us in your 6 posts that you don't think Benatia will be leaving Roma.

The amount of flapping in transfer threads does make me laugh.

Can you imagine if Txiki showed the same lack of composure as 90% on here. It makes me shudder.

Especially when the majority of the flapping comes from media reports! Just chill and let it play out, we will get our targets. If we miss them, we will go for other targets and be just fine.

City bid for Benatia rejected
By Football Italia staff

Manchester City have reportedly had a first bid for Roma centre-back Mehdi Benatia turned down by the capital club.

The 27-year-old has made clear in recent days that he is unhappy with the Giallorossi over a perceived ‘low offer’ to renew his contract, following an impressive first season with the club on the field.

Links away have subsequently grown and Premier League side Manchester City have been increasingly reported as leading interest in the defender.

Sky Sport Italia report that this interest has now developed into an offer, but that a reputed tabled amount of between €20m and €22m has been turned down by Roma.

Gianluca Di Marzio’s website is leading reports that the capital club have no intent of selling Benatia and that sporting director Walter Sabatini will make this clear in Saturday’s scheduled news conference.

Reports in Britain, however, continue to suggest interest from the Premier League is growing and that Chelsea may be preparing to enter into negotiations too.

Manchester United and Barcelona are other teams to have previously been linked with the Moroccan international.

Think you know your Italian football? Share your knowledge, tips and comments to win cash prizes in OLBG's tipster competition - £5,000 monthly.

Print

Just remember that Benatia is Moroccan, he will be away for a month (as well as Yaya!!!) for the ACON at a crucial time in EPL. Mangala is a better option I think.

Llandegren said:
MeatHunterrr said:
SPIDERBOY said:

Now that Chelsea are acting like pricks we need to step up the chase... I fear that the lukaku-offer could break us.

Just a few things why would benetia agree terms with us if he didn't want to join us? Does lukaku want to go to racist italy could they afford his wages? Do chelsea really want him or are they just putting stories out to drive the price up for us? Believe me mouren is going to do everything possible to make sure we don't win the title next season even if it means starting the games now!

Llandegren said:
MeatHunterrr said:
SPIDERBOY said:

IF the stories of Chelsea involvement in all these deals is true and not,as I suspect,simply leverage invented by the agents and/or selling clubs, it could end up with them having players they don't actually want. I'm not sure I believe that Chelsea are that bothered by us. If they concentrate on their own affairs they can compete with us on every level and they must know that. I reckon any dirty tricks would have to emanate from a once-successful mid-table side with a glory hunting set of fans who will jump ship if they don't get back into Europe next season whoever that might be.

Confuesed.com!

Arent you supposed to agree a fee with the selling club before being allowed to talk to the player and agree personal terms???

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.