Mehdi Benatia

No surprises really. Expect more comments from Benatia over the next few days about wanting to leave

Barcon said:
I thought we had already agreed terms with the player.
Why would Roma allow us to talk to him if they have no intention of dealing with us?
Just seems a standard transfer of a big player. The selling club doesn't want to look weak so it's all set up as the player forcing the move

Paulmcfc2703 said:
Barcon said:
Why would Roma allow us to talk to him if they have no intention of dealing with us?
Just seems a standard transfer of a big player. The selling club doesn't want to look weak so it's all set up as the player forcing the move

Yeah I know mate. It was my way of saying, "bullfuckingshit" to the whole, "Roma have no intention of seeling" nonsense.

Barcon said:
Paulmcfc2703 said:
Barcon said:

Yeah I know mate. It was my way of saying, "bullfuckingshit" to the whole, "Roma have no intention of seeling" nonsense.

I thought it was illegal to agree terms with a player without it going through the club first.

Bruun said:
Barcon said:
Paulmcfc2703 said:

I thought it was illegal to agree terms with a player without it going through the club first.

It is

Part of me thinks this is just a way to appease their fan base. Dangling DDR a couple seasons ago to us and last year to Chelsea only to have DDR turn the move down proving his love for the club and "proving" their club isn't a small club. Also seems to be a way they milk every deal for everything they can. A club goes threw the whole process of agreeing with the player then the fee goes up. Club has spent so much time they don't want to let the player get away and like 2 season's ago with DDR no real options left so they end up either overspending or buying a 3rd choice player.

"Chelsea offer €22m plus Lukaku for Benatia
Chelsea are hoping to beat Manchester City to Mehdi Benatia and have offered the Roma €22m (£18m) plus Romelu Lukaku for the defender.

Source: Tuttomercatoweb.com"

goal.com

bluechampion7891 said:
"Chelsea offer €22m plus Lukaku for Benatia
Chelsea are hoping to beat Manchester City to Mehdi Benatia and have offered the Roma €22m (£18m) plus Romelu Lukaku for the defender.

Source: Tuttomercatoweb.com"

goal.com

This is Chelsea knowing we have a 50m spending cap due to FFP and by them coming out with that deal they are trying to force out hand into paying an over the odd fee leaving us with very little left over to spend elsewhere, that's my opinion on it anyway.

If Chelsea can force is into spending 30m + on Benatia then I think they will see that as job done.

Bar a left back, I don't see why Chelsea would need to improve defensively?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.