Mehdi Benatia

BringBackSwales said:
Yates said:
I don't think we'll ever get a top CB to partner Kompany. Savic, Toure, Lescott, Boyata, Nastasic ( still has potential) & Demichelis ( has actually done ok but no future) and we have spent £500m + on transfers :|

one thing which Bluemoon does ever so well is mardy arsed posts

How is it "mardy arsed" just clearly pointing out, we've continuously failed to sign a top quality CB since the Sheik came in, this is now 6 years and not one even close to VK. It's a blatant observation that any interested in football will have acknowledged.

Yates said:
BringBackSwales said:
Yates said:
I don't think we'll ever get a top CB to partner Kompany. Savic, Toure, Lescott, Boyata, Nastasic ( still has potential) & Demichelis ( has actually done ok but no future) and we have spent £500m + on transfers :|

How is it "mardy arsed" just clearly pointing out, we've continuously failed to sign a top quality CB since the Sheik came in, this is now 6 years and not one even close to VK. It's a blatant observation that any interested in football will have acknowledged.

This is possibly because CB's close to Vinny are like rocking horse shit.

Davs 19 said:
Yates said:
BringBackSwales said:

exactly, and Joleon and Martin have not done too badly, helping us win the PL for 2 of the last 3 years; and in the year in between Nastasic was not exactly a failure

Davs 19 said:
Yates said:
BringBackSwales said:

Well of course this isn't many as good as him but Demichelis is the only CB I've seen play consecutive games better than Vinnie, we obviously need better yet never seem to sort it out, will be mightily dissapointed if we fail again this summer.

Yates said:
Davs 19 said:
Yates said:

Well of course this isn't many as good as him but Demichelis is the only CB I've seen play consecutive games better than Vinnie, we obviously need better yet never seem to sort it out, will be mightily dissapointed if we fail again this summer.

Fully agree, we need to sort this centre back situation this summer somehow..

BringBackSwales said:
Davs 19 said:
Yates said:

exactly, and Joleon and Martin have not done too badly, helping us win the PL for 2 of the last 3 years; and in the year in between Nastasic was not exactly a failure

I agree these guys have done well/ok for us but we'd be fooling ourselves if we said we couldn't do better.

There are plenty of alternatives it is knowing where to look for them. Udinese picked Benatia for free and sold him on to Roma for 13.5m, Mangala joined FC Porto from the Belgian league for 7.5m.

Some reports are saying Roma are preparing a bid for Parma centre back,Gabriel Paletta.
Maybe they are ready to let Benatia go.

SPIDERBOY said:
Some reports are saying Roma are preparing a bid for Parma centre back,Gabriel Paletta.
Maybe they are ready to let Benatia go.

...or adding depth to their CB department

Yates said:

We won the league with Lescott partnering Kompany and had one of the best defence records in the league, so i'm not sure that theory is correct?

It's not always about getting a world class names all the time, it's about what fits when looking at partenrships all over the pitch.

An example of this would be Adams and Keown at Arsenal, none of them world class or world beaters but it worked because they complemented each other.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.