Mehdi Benatia

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/manchester-city-hope-mehdi-benatia-3630882?

Manchester City hope Mehdi Benatia will force his way out of Roma's £50million price-tag
May 31, 2014 22:30 By Simon Mullock

The Moroccan defender has told City that he wants to join the Premier League champions but Roma want the club's initial bid trebled

Manchester City are banking on top target Mehdi Benatia forcing his departure from Roma after the Italian club slapped a £50million price-tag on the Morocco defender.

Sunday Mirror Sport understands Benatia has already told City he wants to join them after being told he will earn £80,000 a week at the Etihad.

Roma sporting director Walter Sabatini has told the Premier League champions they will have to treble their opening £17million bid.

Benatia – who believes his club have reneged on a promise of a substantial pay rise – will now have to agitate for a move.

Sabatini said: “Benatia is not for sale, unless someone comes to us with an offer of 62million euros.

“Personally I think 31m euros is the value of Benatia’s weak foot. In that case the total price would be 62m.”

City have been limited by UEFA’s decision to hit them with a £50m spending cap as part of their punishment for breaking FFP regulations.

City turned to Benatia after being told by Porto they value French defender Eliaquim Mangala at £40m.

Surely if his weak foot is €31 million ,then his best foot is at least €50 million.That makes him worth at least €81 million,doesn't make sense to me .

I think nasty will be part of any deal as the club have huge hopes for rekik. Can see it being £25m and nasty as his stock is still huge in italy. A real shame but uefa have us by the balls this year and needs must! Didnt know much about but spent a few days checking out videos etc off benatia and he looks top class! A top cb is THE priority for me this year and he would be my number one choice now.

I really do love how he's happy to sound like a clever dick in the press conference, '31 million for his weak foot.', yet will only be wanting to pay him the wages of a 10m pound player. I take it agents do call these Italian clubs out on shit like this?

And how does his weak foot being worth 31 million make him a 62 million pound player? It's his better foot not worth more? Even their shit jokes don't make sense.

This seems a similar transfer saga to the cavani one.i can't see Roma selling us this player for less than £35 million going on past history they don't sell there big players.this could run on and on,hopefully we have a back up plan to this as mangala looks dead in the water now Roma won't budge on price.

richards30 said:
I think nasty will be part of any deal as the club have huge hopes for rekik. Can see it being £25m and nasty as his stock is still huge in italy. A real shame but uefa have us by the balls this year and needs must! Didnt know much about but spent a few days checking out videos etc off benatia and he looks top class! A top cb is THE priority for me this year and he would be my number one choice now.

Is Mangala still a 'done deal'?

well from what i see maybe Roma will not sell unless they find a replacement or City put Nastasic in the deal (which i hope no)

FantasyIreland said:
richards30 said:

Haha, Great !

FantasyIreland said:
richards30 said:

Haha I still think so glen to be honest. Spoke to my cousin last night and he reckons the benatia interest has been leaked to speed the mangala deal up. The problem we have is other people in the mangala camp wanting slices of the cake as well. After taking time to watch videos of benatia I just think he would be a better choice. Mangala is still the chosen one though I reckon.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.