Melbourne City FC Thread

No Mooy in the socceroos squad, which would lead you to presume that Australia must have an impressive crop of midfielders to choose from.

Or not.

moomba said:
By the same token, this is a Manchester City forum, and if someone comes onto another clubs forum insulting the club and supporters of the club they shouldnt be too surprised to get some back.

I'm a strong supporter of the CFG concept, and loved the game on Saturday morning. I've watched replays of the last 10 minutes twice since. But this is a Manchester City board, and just like the Melbourne and New York boards criticism of a club by a supporter of another club in the group isnt going nowhere to be well received.

Particularly when the majority of posters at the time were praising the derby performance and result.

I'm not disputing that True to the Heart and Bay17's comments were stupid and deserved a smack-down for it, I just don't understand why people leapt straight in to attack the Melbourne club rather than the posters. There were one thousand and one different ways of verbally beating them into submission without raising the "I hope your club's identity burns to the ground" card - it suggests that people actually have a stated preference for CFG doing its best to beat the identity that the Melburnian fans had spend the last five years out of the club with a hammer. At no point in this thread has there ever been any appetite for going in slowly and steadily - people seem to actually prefer it when we do things which will upset the locals. That attitude just doesn't compute to me. I just don't understand how this is supposed to make a club which people will actually want to be a fan of. Don't we all criticise Red Bull for doing exactly this to other clubs?

Ray78 said:
They show us some respect and then they will get it back.

The thing is, we've had a number of Melbourne posters in this thread over the last year - some have been upset and lashed out, others have been quite placid about it. Some have had reasonable discourse with us in this thread, yes, but overall from Day One the mindset on this forum has been "they must become Manchester City Australia and they must like it". There has never been any attempt to respect their opinions. Heck, there's never even been an attempt at engaging them in civil discussion about their choice of colours and whether there is a potential compromise to be had. There has been a persistent line of "their club has only existed for five years, therefore they have no opinion on the matter". I have no faith in the idea that the Melburnians coming to this forum and being very polite and nice about it would do a thing to change the opinions of people on here.

Damocles said:
Yeah what we should do instead, is only say things on this Unofficial Manchester City Forum that we're absolutely sure Soriano and Khaldoon will approve of.

We're thinking of instituting a rule that any Melbourne fans may only post if they end each post with the words "Thank you Daddy, can I have another?". Maybe that will show the dickheads who owns their two bit operation.

My point was I don't get why people are so short-sighted about this. If this forum had had a consistent opinion of "screw CFG, I want City to get rid of the 'global' idea" then fair enough, but instead people have been overflowing with praise for the ideals of CFG right up until the point where it conflicts with their own disdain for the people who are needed to make CFG work - i.e. the local fans. I just don't get why people here seem to be in such a hurry to alienate as many people from Melbourne (and New York) as they can. Do people just put no thought into what is required to make a successful club, or do they actually think that Melbourne City can be aggressive towards its existing fanbase with no lasting repercussions? I know they say that to make a good omelette you've got to break a few eggs, but it just seems like people want to see every egg in the fridge smashed to pieces.

Does it somehow make me a bad person to care about the opinions of others?

0-0 at half time.

Good first half hour, well on top. A bit more even in the last 15 but a pr3tty decent performance so far. Chapman and Melling standouts for me. Mooy a bit down, but still handy. Front three just a bit low on quality.

Looking shaky now. Were well on top before the equaliser, but they've had all of it since. Koren and Duff on now.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.