Melbourne City FC Thread

Finished 1-1. Decent result but a bit disappointing not to get the win. Still, they had a few chances to win the game themselves so shouldnt be too unhappy.

A few weeks ago I would have been rapt to get a point off Glory. But now I see it as 2 points lost, although it could have went either way. Since the Wellington debacle we have really improved in most areas, we are still a way off the pace but a few more wins and then the break and it still breeds slight optimism. We play two teams below us and we must see these 2 games as maximum points, but the residual culture of Heart tell me otherwise. Traditionally these are the exact games we loose. Can't complain too much 7 points from our last 3 games and more importantly a few weaker on field positions improving. Our 2nd keeper who I don't rate much has been doing well. Chapman our young centre back has been very good and Garuccio in at left back although not faultless is improving. Koren who has now played twice off the bench is almost ready for a full game and Duff also is back, so we are almost at full strength.

Also there was this,

[Quote Simon Pearce] “Our City Football Group team has been quietly developing the new Academy building, first-team facility and executive offices, and the whole Melbourne City organisation will move there shortly after the tour.”

So things are on the up. Big week a couple games on NSW coast, hopefully the weathers good and the surfs up and off course a couple wins.

Great news about the new facilities. Must seem all a bit surreal for the "wheelie bin" old timers. It'll be great to see the details when they come out.

10 minutes to kickoff in Newcastle. Probably the strongest lineup all ssason with Duff and Koren starting.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.