Melbourne City FC Thread

mancity1 said:
How come no live stream for you?

Got it on BT Sport, but had to run out this morning to pick up a car from the garage. So recorded it and started it when I got back in.

moomba said:
mancity1 said:

Got it on BT Sport, but had to run out this morning to pick up a car from the garage. So recorded it and started it when I got back in.

Fair enough.

Enjoy the second half ( sorry to spoil it for you but for a while I thought I was a one man commentary on this one).

2 minutes of injury time to put the Jets out of their misery tonight.

Had to be a least four with the subs and injury breaks.

Not a save for us to make for the first time this season was the pleasing aspect to this one

4-0 final score well done and hopefully a good lead in for the game at Burnley.

moomba said:
mancity1 said:

Fair enough.

Enjoy the second half ( sorry to spoil it for you but for a while I thought I was a one man commentary on this one).

2 minutes of injury time to put the Jets out of their misery tonight.

Had to be a least four with the subs and injury breaks.

Not a save for us to make for the first time this season was the pleasing aspect to this one

4-0 final score well done and hopefully a good lead in for the game at Burnley.

4:0 win superb and well deserved BUT!

Still massively scarred from previous week. Good to see Germano play without crumbling, Clisby playing well and Novillo looks good. Mooy carried the team tonight.

Worrying aspects.

Kennedy couldn't get into the game, came off with a suspected hamstring.

Koren is not what we expect from a Marquee.

Newcastle were probably the weakest side we have EVER played.

Crowd 5.5k with at lest 500,000 out in the city on the Grand Prix weekend on a Saturday night. To have less than half your season ticket holders turn up is a real concern. Compare it to 15k at season start with Villa playing and high expectations ahead. CFG need to really increase whatever they are doing to give people a reason to turn up. The simmering sentiment is that the coach must go, he has all the opportunities to prove his worth but in the end he remains stuck on his 30% win ratio which frankly is unacceptable.

Positive, the youth team were presented with the title medallions and trophy and did a lap of honour and were well received by the terrace( those that came).

Big fortnight ahead, can't take much out of tonight's win mainly because of the bitterness of the previous 2 games that we should of won and didn't.

Finals are a far distant dream.

Brisbane lost this morning, so City stay in the top 6. Currently 2 points ahead having played 2 more games.

Connor Chapman has had another three matches added onto his 1 match suspension. Seems fair enough really, but he'll be a big loss.

Thought this was interesting, it was in an interview with Bruce Djite from Adelaide United. Come and get me?

<a class="postlink" href="http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/article/2015/03/18/interview-bruce-djite-all-things-league" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/article/ ... ngs-league</a>

Infrastructure is zero. I mean, Melbourne City are building a fantastic facility that's going to set the benchmark and they'll be able to attract players a lot easier than other clubs, no doubt, because of the facilities they'll be offering, but generally speaking clubs lack infrastructure - they don't have any. Players are getting changed in the changing-room and then driving to the training field. They're changing fields regularly, just to find a field that's available. In terms of infrastructure it's still very amateur. You've got your Melbourne Victorys, your Melbourne Citys now, Sydney FC train at Macquarie Uni as a base, so there's the odd club that has a base, but in general terms there's a lot of renting going on and a lot of temporary fields being used. There's no infrastructure in the league and the clubs haven't invested in that.

Melbourne City, with their facilities, are on the path to becoming the biggest club in this country, no doubt, over the next 10 years. Right now, no, but they've laid the foundations. A lot of clubs are built on stilts.

You'd take that at half time.

Keep it tight, and hopefully nick one in second half. Draw would be a pretty good result here.

moomba said:
You'd take that at half time.

Keep it tight, and hopefully nick one in second half. Draw would be a pretty good result here.

As John Kosmina a bit of a hothead in his coacking and playing days has said but a respected pundit ( sounds like an oxymoronic statement in itself ) we should be 1-0 up.

of course should be's mean nothing but Sydney have had poor second halfs of late ( don't think they have scored in their past 7 ) so we could esily nick this.

I am much more confident in Melbourne City than I am with Man City at present irrespective of who we play.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.