Melbourne City FC Thread

moomba said:
MCFCHOWELL said:
moomba said:
Good result this morning. Match between Brisbane and Wellington got abandoned in the 73rd minute with Wellington leading 1-2. That results stands so Melbourne City are now 5 points in front having played 2 games more.

Brisbane play Western Sydney on Wednesday morning, before the game against Melbourne City on the weekend.
So really, it'll go down to the game against City next week? Unless Western Sydney win (but they're bottom?)

They're bottom, but also Asian Champions at the moment so I wouldn't write off their chances on Wednesday.

Saturdays game will be huge for sure, saw today that two of Brisbanes remaining games are at home to Melbourne Victory, 4 days apart. Might be cheering on the rivals for a week.
I think Playoffs would be a good achievement considering the lacklustre start we saw. Get a proper big player in in the summer and hopefully go from there. Has Kennedy joined up yet?

Yeah, played three or four games but not done a lot (was good against Adelaide a few weeks back), Was injured last week, hopefully ok for the Brisbane game.

Another good result in Brisbane, they've lost to Western Sydney Wanderers.

So Melbourne City 5 points clear of Brisbane for the last spot in the finals, they've played one game less though. Beat Brisbane on Saturday and finals is looking pretty good.

moomba said:
Another good result in Brisbane, they've lost to Western Sydney Wanderers.

So Melbourne City 5 points clear of Brisbane for the last spot in the finals, they've played one game less though. Beat Brisbane on Saturday and finals is looking pretty good.
Moomba
Reading your posts I know you watch both Melbourne and nycfc,which do you enjoy the most ,and which do you think is the better standard?
I really like the pass the hand grenade style of Aussie football,while I think NYC are trying to play a version of slow build up mixed with comedy defending.

mrtwiceaseason said:
Moomba
Reading your posts I know you watch both Melbourne and nycfc,which do you enjoy the most ,and which do you think is the better standard?
I really like the pass the hand grenade style of Aussie football,while I think NYC are trying to play a version of slow build up mixed with comedy defending.

I'm really enjoying both.

Melbourne City is like supporting MCFC pre-Mansour, a few highs, plenty of lows, and plenty of WTF moments. I've watched nearly all of their games since the takeover so I'm really getting a feel for the club. And it's very similar to us, right down to the arrogant rivals who don't quite realise yet that the next few years might be a bit difficult for them. And the feeling of impending doom from their supporters that we used to (sometimes still) have.

NYC has been great as well, but very early days there. And there hasn't really been the dip in form or run of losses yet, it's all been pretty positive.

Watched a bit of Marinos too, which has been hard work at times but they got a good win last weekend.

Playing havoc with my sleep patterns so far, when daylight savings starts/ends I'm going to have no idea.

As for standards I reckon NYC > Melbourne > Marinos from what I've seen so far.

moomba said:
mrtwiceaseason said:
Moomba

Melbourne City is like supporting MCFC pre-Mansour, a few highs, plenty of lows, and plenty of WTF moments. I've watched nearly all of their games since the takeover so I'm really getting a feel for the club. And it's very similar to us, right down to the arrogant rivals who don't quite realise yet that the next few years might be a bit difficult for them. And the feeling of impending doom from their supporters that we used to (sometimes still) have.

NYC has been great as well, but very early days there. And there hasn't really been the dip in form or run of losses yet, it's all been pretty positive.

Watched a bit of Marinos too, which has been hard work at times but they got a good win last weekend.

Playing havoc with my sleep patterns so far, when daylight savings starts/ends I'm going to have no idea.

Thanks for replying.I'm enjoying both too,not for quality but shear speed of play,ie everything played like its last minute of a cup tie.and the way no one moans at the ref and gets on with it .I prefer the Aussie game.
But quality wise NY style is an attempt to play the English style.probably at a championship standard.
Currently spending time over on nys forum to pass time,that really is an eye opener!

I was in Melbourne for my first time a couple of weeks ago for a foo fighters concert, stayed on the harbour facing the etihad. Great setting and location but sadly no games on during my visit but I'll be back soon.

mrtwiceaseason said:
moomba said:
mrtwiceaseason said:
Moomba

Thanks for replying.I'm enjoying both too,not for quality but shear speed of play,ie everything played like its last minute of a cup tie.and the way no one moans at the ref and gets on with it .I prefer the Aussie game.
But quality wise NY style is an attempt to play the English style.probably at a championship standard.
Currently spending time over on nys forum to pass time,that really is an eye opener!
Just don't tell them you're a city fan!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.