Melbourne City FC Thread

Re: MCFC buy Melbourne Heart FC (merged)

I thought I would have my say as I'm a Melbourne Heart fan as well as a Manchester City fan.

The positives of this takeover is that the Heart have so much potential. Huge amounts of potential. It really reminds me of when City were taken over. Huge rivalry with the biggest team in the A-League (Victory), a beautiful stadium, a huge sports loving city and a competition on the rise. The only problem the Heart have that Man City didn't have is the salary cap restrictions.

I just pray to god they will keep our identity. We've only been in existance for 3.5 years but I've grown attached to the Heart and the red and white, and whilst Melbourne City isn't too bad, I hope they're able to incorporate 'Heart' somewhere, such as the Melbourne City Hearts etc.

FYI

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.footballaustralia.com.au/news-display/manchester-city-to-acquire-melbourne-heart/83937?utm_source=Responsys&utm_medium=Newsletter&utm_campaign=WWUP_20140123" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.footballaustralia.com.au/new ... P_20140123</a>

Response to this in Melbourne is been pretty positive and it is big news elsewhere in Australia as well. Soccer still very much a minor sport in Australia so the publicity as a result of this has been excellent.

I can't see any problems with the name change, most seem to be pretty happy about it. A lot of work to do if we're going to change the colours though as there will be resistance.

Pretty exciting stuff though, better dust off the CV just in case the club are looking for highly paid, Manchester based consultants with knowledge of the Australian and in particular Melbourne sporting markets. ;)

From the Heart forums hahaha welcome on board guys

BeojqZHCUAA1MKN.png
<br /><br />-- Thu Jan 23, 2014 12:28 pm --<br /><br />
BlueFeather said:
I thought I would have my say as I'm a Melbourne Heart fan as well as a Manchester City fan.

The positives of this takeover is that the Heart have so much potential. Huge amounts of potential. It really reminds me of when City were taken over. Huge rivalry with the biggest team in the A-League (Victory), a beautiful stadium, a huge sports loving city and a competition on the rise. The only problem the Heart have that Man City didn't have is the salary cap restrictions.

I just pray to god they will keep our identity. We've only been in existance for 3.5 years but I've grown attached to the Heart and the red and white, and whilst Melbourne City isn't too bad, I hope they're able to incorporate 'Heart' somewhere, such as the Melbourne City Hearts etc.

Loving the reactions of the few Rags in your midst mate,

HAHAHA

"My season ticket is going in the bin. I move all the way from Manchester, follow the United colors, and i still cant get rid of the Berty Blue nose City scum!!
My City mates from Manchester are already taking the piss. I hate you City!!!

I'm devastated, I'm distraught. I want 4 oclock to come early at work so i can go home and cry"

SrilankanBlue said:
BlueFeather said:

Loving the reactions of the few Rags in your midst mate,

HAHAHA

"My season ticket is going in the bin. I move all the way from Manchester, follow the United colors, and i still cant get rid of the Berty Blue nose City scum!!
My City mates from Manchester are already taking the piss. I hate you City!!!

I'm devastated, I'm distraught. I want 4 oclock to come early at work so i can go home and cry"

Can't get enough of it mate :) Watching their scummy team getting booted from the league cup and by sunderland having City take over their club in the space of a few hours...priceless

Impressive Ferran

<a class="postlink" href="http://m.foxsports.com.au/football/a-league/manchester-city-ceo-promises-good-football-as-heart-to-become-the-noisy-neighbours/story-e6frf4gl-1226808692282" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://m.foxsports.com.au/football/a-le ... 6808692282</a>

As a passionate City fan from Melbourne I'm very pissed off with this. Why did they choose to buy a club in fkn Melbourne out of all places? This place is full of stubborn idiots and dirty muzzas and doesn't deserve any affiliation with this great club. It's a shitty city and a-league is very crap and boring and doesn't deserve having City involved.
SMH!

They buy Mata, we buy Melbourne. Funny how it works.

If it wasn't already clear as day, this just comes down to how much money can come back to Manchester.

As part of a wider City group, we have to show direct branding and that includes kit colours, even the colour of seats.

It's always about real estate and along with New York, once we start investing off the pitch, that's when the profits will flow back.

If we build shopping centres and leisure facilities directly next to the stadia, we can use the profits which come back to the City Football Group.

We will be the City Football Group when we rock up before UEFA and say 'Fuck you, we can spend what we want because we are bringing in £500m a year.'

We have some very clever people working for us.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.