Melbourne City FC Thread

We've got a hell of a job getting the supporters back on board, I reckon the sentiment now amongst supporters would be as bad as it's been since the takeover.

So a lot of work ahead. New CEO, new manager (hopefully). I reckon we need to look at how the squad is being put together (far worse than it was three years ago).

Big off season review needed and then a big effort to get existing supporters back on board.

To play the football that pep plays you need the players to do that even pep says that! So playing that way in a league where there is caps on spending it will take years to get a team.

We've got a hell of a job getting the supporters back on board, I reckon the sentiment now amongst supporters would be as bad as it's been since the takeover.

So a lot of work ahead. New CEO, new manager (hopefully). I reckon we need to look at how the squad is being put together (far worse than it was three years ago).

Big off season review needed and then a big effort to get existing supporters back on board.

Can confirm that many that have been regulars around me aren't rocking up any more. And some have told me they are not renewing next season.

It's just hard to watch, and add not getting results makes it a hard sell.

Extremely worrying times.

I am one of those who were positive about the take over. Not anymore. Infact now when I think about the club I get a sour taste in my mouth. Id personally love to see the back of CFG but it wont happen in the short term. I have no evidence of this but it does seem like the admins here just get their daily orders from Manchester and go along with the day. So all I can hope for now is that CFG just give us a budget to work with and let us run our own race.

Can confirm that many that have been regulars around me aren't rocking up any more. And some have told me they are not renewing next season.

It's just hard to watch, and add not getting results makes it a hard sell.

Extremely worrying times.

Does it just need more investment HM or are the problems deeper?

Worrying stuff.

Does it just need more investment HM or are the problems deeper?

Worrying stuff.

Problem isn't cash. We play in a capped League so we can't just fix errors with extra investment the problem is a complete disconnect between CFG and Melbourne.

Just a few hours ago they have announced Fornoroli has agreed to terminate his contract.

Things are going from bad to worse.

We play Perth top of the League Sunday night and I think things might get ugly.

Problem isn't cash. We play in a capped League so we can't just fix errors with extra investment the problem is a complete disconnect between CFG and Melbourne.

Just a few hours ago they have announced Fornoroli has agreed to terminate his contract.

Things are going from bad to worse.

We play Perth top of the League Sunday night and I think things might get ugly.

I understood that we could invest in certain things - training facilities, infrastructure etc - even if not directly in playing staff. I’m not saying that’s the cure, but is that possible? Investing in Manchester has been incredibly popular and I wondered if this might help bridge the gap.

Ps. City being City we will thump Perth 3 - 0. :)

Looking from afar, they seemed to make steady progress for the first couple of seasons after CFG took the club over but then plateaued and have started to go backwards quite alarmingly, especially this season. Don't see them going anywhere under this coach, TBH, and am not really sure why they appointed him. OK, maybe he has the credentials to be involved with the youth set-up or reserve team developing players, but nothing in his background suggests he's worthy of the head coach role and nor is he known for the kind of football CFG is supposed to espouse.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.