Melbourne City FC Thread

Re: MCFC buy Melbourne Heart FC (merged)

The Hearts game against Adelaide is live on BT sports 2 at 0630 Saturday morning

bluwes said:
eversince 76 said:
bluwes said:
Going to have a hard time with the Oz press its seems;

<a class="postlink" href="http://backpagefootball.com/pic-aussie-paper-prints-casually-racist-cartoon-on-city-takeover/69317/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://backpagefootball.com/pic-aussie- ... ver/69317/</a>?

Most cartoons are made of bad taste and to "shock". Worst things happen.

Interesting view on this topic as well, connecting with the FFP:

<a class="postlink" href="http://prosoccertalk.nbcsports.com/2014/01/23/chelsea-manchester-city-financial-fair-play/related/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://prosoccertalk.nbcsports.com/2014 ... y/related/</a>

Bad taste, it's out and out racist !

Unfortunately that's the Aussie press for you, if there is a chance to denigrate football in Australia, they'll seize it with both hands and a bit of bad taste/creative lisence won't stop that agenda.
Welcome to Australian media lol.

Red n White City Hearts said:
Gday from Oz,
When I woke up this morning I had to double check the news this is massive for us.
Its great to hear all the positive comments from people that have already come over and had a look at mhfcsupporters.
Looking forward to sharing some exciting new changes in the weeks and months ahead.
Love to keep our colours though.

Good times for me, Hearts won our first game of the season, the club finally got sold and were having kid no 2 today.

Come on you hearts
Congrats, have you considered calling him Sergio?

aguero93:20 said:
Red n White City Hearts said:
Gday from Oz,
When I woke up this morning I had to double check the news this is massive for us.
Its great to hear all the positive comments from people that have already come over and had a look at mhfcsupporters.
Looking forward to sharing some exciting new changes in the weeks and months ahead.
Love to keep our colours though.

Good times for me, Hearts won our first game of the season, the club finally got sold and were having kid no 2 today.

Come on you hearts
Congrats, have you considered calling him Sergio?

A fine name for any child, male or female. :-)

For those in the UK, Melbourne Heart are away to Adelaide United, live on BT Sports 2 tomorrow at 6.30am.

moomba said:
For those in the UK, Melbourne Heart are away to Adelaide United, live on BT Sports 2 tomorrow at 6.30am.
I don't have bt sports any chance of a match thread on here?<br /><br />-- Fri Jan 24, 2014 10:22 am --<br /><br />Oh and mhfc fans, if a guy called gooner2 comes on your forum, just save yourselves some time and ban him straightaway.

MelbourneCityFCFan said:
G'day all,
Firstly just want to say thanks for buying our club. Also thanks to all those that have posted positive things on our forum. We are an absolute basket case atm so this is the biggest and best thing our club has ever done. I'm in the main support group (Yarraside) and for the most part we are very happy to change our name to Melbourne City, sounds bloody better anyway. But we have to keep our red&white. We are more than happy to have our away jersey as sky blue.

Anyway just wanted to say g'day all I can't wait till I see heaps of poms at our games and a friendly in Melbourne.

Just noticed When I'm reading the posts from Melbourne specialy the one starting with "G'day " my internal monologue sounds like Alf's from home and away, and iv not even watched that show for 20 years
No disrespect meant to our new Ozzie friends

Wonder if when they read ours there internal monologue sounds like one of the Gallagher's , probably franks

MelbourneBlue said:
Just for the record, I've been here since Aug 2007.
Supporting city since the 81 fa cup.
Just saying.

Haha....
Glass ball glory hunter :^)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.