Melbourne City FC Thread

Re: MCFC buy Melbourne Heart FC (merged)

Tony999 said:
aguero93:20 said:
marn11 said:
G'day guys,

Obviously another Melbourne Heart/City fan here.

First off, just wanted to say I've loved your input on our forums. You're all welcome, so post away, has been good hearing from you all.

Secondly, for me it feels like I've one the lottery at the minute. As a fan base we've been crying out for an owner with ambition for some time now, so these latest developments have exceeded even my greatest hopes and I haven't wiped the smile from my face since the announcement.

But my main reason for coming on here is to ask "why". Why pump all this money into your club, and in turn, mine? What is the Sheikh's motives? Surely he has no hope of making money on such ventures, and as has been said before, he is clearly a very capable businessman, so it intrigues me as to what he gets out of it. I figured this would be the best place to ask.

By the sounds of it there will be a few of you make the trip over when the team comes preseason. Make sure you get to the Imperial and have a beer or 10 with us, we'd love to see you there.

Cheers
Cant go into anything too long winded now, but by association with our club and yours, through success, he gains prestige that will raise the profitability of his other businesses and enterprise.
Over in Melbourne for a family wedding next year, i'll make sure to make it to a game!

Be sure to contact us on our forum when you do eventually come. We will be more than happy to take you to our game and have a couple drinks before and a FEW (after a win of course) drinks after the game ;)
will do mate, looking forward to it, haven't been in aus since I was a kid, should be fun.

aguero93:20 said:
marn11 said:
G'day guys,

Obviously another Melbourne Heart/City fan here.

First off, just wanted to say I've loved your input on our forums. You're all welcome, so post away, has been good hearing from you all.

Secondly, for me it feels like I've one the lottery at the minute. As a fan base we've been crying out for an owner with ambition for some time now, so these latest developments have exceeded even my greatest hopes and I haven't wiped the smile from my face since the announcement.

But my main reason for coming on here is to ask "why". Why pump all this money into your club, and in turn, mine? What is the Sheikh's motives? Surely he has no hope of making money on such ventures, and as has been said before, he is clearly a very capable businessman, so it intrigues me as to what he gets out of it. I figured this would be the best place to ask.

By the sounds of it there will be a few of you make the trip over when the team comes preseason. Make sure you get to the Imperial and have a beer or 10 with us, we'd love to see you there.

Cheers
Cant go into anything too long winded now, but by association with our club and yours, through success, he gains prestige that will raise the profitability of his other businesses and enterprise.
Over in Melbourne for a family wedding next year, i'll make sure to make it to a game!

Thanks mate. Hope to see you there!

Question to the Melbourne Heart fans - would the colour change be an issue if you were to go with Red and Black stripes rather than Red and White?

The Blue said:
Question to the Melbourne Heart fans - would the colour change be an issue if you were to go with Red and Black stripes rather than Red and White?

Our third kit is predominantely black with some red. Home colors would like to keep red and white.

Tony999 said:

Sheikh Mansour hasn't bought the Heart, Manchester City have bought them. This is a different thing and an important distinction.

It's very simple really; with 80/20 splits at NYCFC and MHFC, City now have major commercial links in Australia and New York with all of the experience and contacts of those 20% stakeholders.

There's also another side to this that the MLS and A-League are controlled leagues with growth potential. Why buy a team for $100m in 10 years when you can get them now fo $10m and watch them grow?

This is why I don't think we'll see a hookup in China, both the MLS and A-League have salary caps and no relegation system to ensure investors money. China isn't a "mature league" to quote Soriano and the growth potential of a national league there isn't as big as you'd think.

The Blue said:

Black and red would cause a big issue as they are the colors of western Sydney wanderers- our biggest rivals behind Melbourne victory.

There are 10 teams in our league and it has been designed so that each one can have their unique colors and identity. Melbourne Heart is Red and White and even if the name changes- we fully intend on keeping red and white. Sky blue away kit. Melbourne heart/city not man city jr

But on another note, I see you guys are coming over to oz, you will be playing at ego had stadium which not ok johns it an afl ground and probably does not have one decent seat- it is also gone home ground of our rivals- Melbourne victory!

Brace yourselves for heaps of plastic and bandwagon supporters who gave jumped on in recent years.I think we heart supporters will have to do that as well.

I can understand the Heart fans not wanting a colour change - I hate that Cardiff have done it... however all our City 'franchises' have to be sky blue... it's that or nothing for me. So it's up to you Hearts fans - come on board with everything... colour and name change... and the sheikh will make you the best team in Oz.

Bay17 said:
Hey guys, another Melbourne supporter here.
Thanks again, every heart fan on here has said everything i would have said, so i wont ramble on.

I was just wondering, do you have a fence banner that i can replicate to place on our 'fence'?
Or even an idea for a fence banner that connects the two clubs?

Thanks again.

We don't have a fence in our stadium, but the good folks at Torino had this flag up back in the day in Italy:

29e4uh0.jpg

We weren't linked with them as a club, they were just associating themselves with our equal shiteness at the time and sharing cities with arrogant clubs like Scum and Juve. Something along those lines anyway might work, the badges side by side and a "Thank-you Sheikh Mansour/MCFC"? (We have a massive Thank-you Sheikh Mansour banner on our top tier)

sorry for the confusion about the fence banner, but yeah something that connects the clubs, something that we can hang (hopefully) at both the stadiums. Approx. 80cm tall and however wide you like. If someone wants to design one, hit me up at HeartAwayDays@gmail.com

also if you would like to contribute to our logo designs, please feel free to make some and post them here - <a class="postlink" href="http://mhfcsupporters.com/topic/2522-melbourne-city-logo-design-thread/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://mhfcsupporters.com/topic/2522-me ... gn-thread/</a>

Also i think ill be on this forum a lot more now! You guys have really turned me into a Manchester City fan (never really liked any EPL club prior)
In Oz, all we hear about is united and their fans being fair weather supporters, but you guys seem great. Anyway cheers and ill be a regular ;)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.