Melbourne City FC Thread

Re: MCFC buy Melbourne Heart FC (merged)

iHeartCity said:
bluwes said:
eversince 76 said:
Most cartoons are made of bad taste and to "shock". Worst things happen.

Interesting view on this topic as well, connecting with the FFP:

<a class="postlink" href="http://prosoccertalk.nbcsports.com/2014/01/23/chelsea-manchester-city-financial-fair-play/related/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://prosoccertalk.nbcsports.com/2014 ... y/related/</a>

Bad taste, it's out and out racist !

Unfortunately that's the Aussie press for you, if there is a chance to denigrate football in Australia, they'll seize it with both hands and a bit of bad taste/creative lisence won't stop that agenda.
Welcome to Australian media lol.
It's a Murdoch paper. We wouldn't expect anything less from the ****.<br /><br />-- 24 Jan 2014, 10:16 --<br /><br />
lonestay said:
The Hearts game against Adelaide is live on BT sports 2 at 0630 Saturday morning
Ah! A decent time as I'm usually up around 6am.

Bay17 said:
Bay17 said:
Hey guys, another Melbourne supporter here.
Thanks again, every heart fan on here has said everything i would have said, so i wont ramble on.

I was just wondering, do you have a fence banner that i can replicate to place on our 'fence'?
Or even an idea for a fence banner that connects the two clubs?

Thanks again.
Is there anyone that can answer this?
Not sure quite what you mean by "fence banner". If it is something that is a lot longer than it is tall, then how about this?

5117879462_992e1c7632_z.jpg

Plaything of the gods said:
Bay17 said:
Bay17 said:
Thanks again, every heart fan on here has said everything i would have said, so i wont ramble on.

I was just wondering, do you have a fence banner that i can replicate to place on our 'fence'?

Thanks again.
Not sure quite what you mean by "fence banner". If it is something that is a lot longer than it is tall, then how about this?

have we even got a Melbourne flag at the Etihad yet?

Dear Members and Supporters,

It was announced yesterday that Manchester City Football Club, in partnership with the ownership group of the Melbourne Storm, had successfully acquired Melbourne Heart FC.

Today, on our first full day, the work has begun to help your Club to fulfill its immense potential both on and off the field, within Australia and beyond.

A lot has been written overnight about Manchester City’s entry into Australian football, the city of Melbourne, and the Hyundai A-League. It is our view that we are at the very beginning of a significant opportunity. There is a lot to be done and we are very excited to start that work today.

The first thing we intend to do is listen, learn and better understand every aspect of the Club. In the last 24 hours, we have met with members of the Club‘s management. We have also met with John van ‘t Schip, his coaches and the players. The Director of Football at Manchester City FC, Txiki Begiristain, and the Director of the City Football Academy, Brian Marwood, have already watched their first training session.

Naturally, this process will also include hearing from fans, members and partners that have supported this Club during its short history. We want to listen and learn first, and take well-supported decisions immediately thereafter.

The one thing we already know is that we will work hard to deliver very good football. Melbourne coaches and players will have access to City’s world-class global football resources, including scouting, coaching, human performance and performance analysis. It is also expected that players and coaches from Melbourne will spend time at the City Football Academy (CFA) - a world-class facility for football training and development that will open adjacent to the Etihad Stadium in Manchester in July 2014.

I understand that many of you will have questions about the future of the Club. We are committed to sharing information with you as soon as we can. However, as I stated yesterday, out of respect for the players and coaching staff in the middle of the Hyundai A-League season, we will not be making any more major announcements until the end of the current season.

In the meantime, we should all ensure that the team on the pitch enjoys all of our support for a strong and successful remainder of the season.

Yours sincerely,

Ferran Soriano
CEO, Manchester City Football Club

Interesting. CFA opens in July then, not November as some have said.

Plaything of the gods said:
Bay17 said:
Bay17 said:

Thanks again.

What they mean are banners shown in this picture. It's the banners along the wall in front of crowd. Here's the Melbourne flag pre-game

tmp355185.png

Hello there!

Another Melbourne Heart fan here!

We've seen a bit of an influx of Citizens heading over to our forums so I thought I'd do the same and come over here to see how all you lot are feeling about the recent news and get an idea of exactly how your club is run! Seeing as I'm an Arsenal fan (don't hold it against me, I come in peace :) ) I haven't really taken a massive interest/got an extensive knowledge of what the Sheikh actually does for your club/city aside from investing in the playing group. I've read some brilliant stuff on our forum which peaked my interest in popping over here, hopefully we'll get similar treatment from the Sheikh down in Melbourne.

blingy said:
MelbourneCityFCFan said:
G'day all,
Firstly just want to say thanks for buying our club. Also thanks to all those that have posted positive things on our forum. We are an absolute basket case atm so this is the biggest and best thing our club has ever done. I'm in the main support group (Yarraside) and for the most part we are very happy to change our name to Melbourne City, sounds bloody better anyway. But we have to keep our red&white. We are more than happy to have our away jersey as sky blue.

Anyway just wanted to say g'day all I can't wait till I see heaps of poms at our games and a friendly in Melbourne.

Just noticed When I'm reading the posts from Melbourne specialy the one starting with "G'day " my internal monologue sounds like Alf's from home and away, and iv not even watched that show for 20 years
No disrespect meant to our new Ozzie friends

Wonder if when they read ours there internal monologue sounds like one of the Gallagher's , probably franks
I assume everyone on here is Frank Gallagher from Shameless and/or act like this
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ofPuOk1jV04[/youtube]

I don't think I've ever said g'day in my life. That's for the bogan cane toads north of the border and apparently Melbourne folk ;)

G'day guys,

Obviously another Melbourne Heart/City fan here.

First off, just wanted to say I've loved your input on our forums. You're all welcome, so post away, has been good hearing from you all.

Secondly, for me it feels like I've one the lottery at the minute. As a fan base we've been crying out for an owner with ambition for some time now, so these latest developments have exceeded even my greatest hopes and I haven't wiped the smile from my face since the announcement.

But my main reason for coming on here is to ask "why". Why pump all this money into your club, and in turn, mine? What is the Sheikh's motives? Surely he has no hope of making money on such ventures, and as has been said before, he is clearly a very capable businessman, so it intrigues me as to what he gets out of it. I figured this would be the best place to ask.

By the sounds of it there will be a few of you make the trip over when the team comes preseason. Make sure you get to the Imperial and have a beer or 10 with us, we'd love to see you there.

Cheers

marn11 said:
G'day guys,

First off, just wanted to say I've loved your input on our forums. You're all welcome, so post away, has been good hearing from you all.

Secondly, for me it feels like I've one the lottery at the minute. As a fan base we've been crying out for an owner with ambition for some time now, so these latest developments have exceeded even my greatest hopes and I haven't wiped the smile from my face since the announcement.

But my main reason for coming on here is to ask "why". Why pump all this money into your club, and in turn, mine? What is the Sheikh's motives? Surely he has no hope of making money on such ventures, and as has been said before, he is clearly a very capable businessman, so it intrigues me as to what he gets out of it. I figured this would be the best place to ask.

By the sounds of it there will be a few of you make the trip over when the team comes preseason. Make sure you get to the Imperial and have a beer or 10 with us, we'd love to see you there.

Cheers
Cant go into anything too long winded now, but by association with our club and yours, through success, he gains prestige that will raise the profitability of his other businesses and enterprise.
Over in Melbourne for a family wedding next year, i'll make sure to make it to a game!

aguero93:20 said:
marn11 said:
G'day guys,

Cheers
Cant go into anything too long winded now, but by association with our club and yours, through success, he gains prestige that will raise the profitability of his other businesses and enterprise.
Over in Melbourne for a family wedding next year, i'll make sure to make it to a game!

Be sure to contact us on our forum when you do eventually come. We will be more than happy to take you to our game and have a couple drinks before and a FEW (after a win of course) drinks after the game ;)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.