Melbourne City FC Thread

I had a bit of time to get over the loss.

On the balance of the game we probably didn't have enough to win, but to lose in extra time isn't ideal.

Overall in a crazy year we have actually improved. Runner up in FFA, finished second in the League (6 points off top and that game away in January to Sydney losing 2:1 after being 1 up with one of their players sent off was telling) and of course runner up in the Grand final. We have qualified to Asia for the first time (hopefully it is actually played but with limited travel who knows) and we have found a couple decent young players.

I can't moan too much and look forward to next season which is also a complete unknown.

My only real hope is that we keep Mombarets, him and his coaching team have been a revelation and with him I'm confident we can get to next level.

Also spring is here and maybe in a couple weeks we will get out of this horrendous lockdown.

I hope that Manchester City loan Messi to us for a few games. That would help our campaign. :)

After 7 or 8 weeks of hard lockdown and curfew we are on the cusp of restrictions being eased, but the A League is in dire situation.

Basically the T.V rights deal was renegotiated during the hiatus and the new deal is for the upcoming season on a massively reduced amount. The League is basically financed from the tv deal and each club is allocated their cap.

As a result the players agreed to massive cuts to complete the season and also do it in a bubble but no agreement has been made for next season.

The FFA is also in the process of unbundling the League and essentially the League is now to be run by the clubs.

Clubs and the PFA cannot agree on a new CBA and all existing contracts have been cancelled.

So as far as I'm aware the players are now free agents, and many are looking to get deals wherever possible.

Next season has no date yet and with most borders still closed or requiring quarantine I can't see happening before January/February.

From our perspective we have lost Mombarets and Kisnorbo the assistant has been announced as Head coach.

Brillante has gone to Greece second division and Noone back to UK.

We have signed several young players.

The League was struggling before Covid but now its on its knees.

After 7 or 8 weeks of hard lockdown and curfew we are on the cusp of restrictions being eased, but the A League is in dire situation.

Basically the T.V rights deal was renegotiated during the hiatus and the new deal is for the upcoming season on a massively reduced amount. The League is basically financed from the tv deal and each club is allocated their cap.

As a result the players agreed to massive cuts to complete the season and also do it in a bubble but no agreement has been made for next season.

The FFA is also in the process of unbundling the League and essentially the League is now to be run by the clubs.

Clubs and the PFA cannot agree on a new CBA and all existing contracts have been cancelled.

So as far as I'm aware the players are now free agents, and many are looking to get deals wherever possible.

Next season has no date yet and with most borders still closed or requiring quarantine I can't see happening before January/February.

From our perspective we have lost Mombarets and Kisnorbo the assistant has been announced as Head coach.

Brillante has gone to Greece second division and Noone back to UK.

We have signed several young players.

The League was struggling before Covid but now its on its knees.

What a mess. Let's hope we come through it soon. Whilst there are more important things in life, I guess all clubs are in the same boat and there's a crumb of comfort in that being a CFG club means you should be better supported financially than most.

What a mess. Let's hope we come through it soon. Whilst there are more important things in life, I guess all clubs are in the same boat and there's a crumb of comfort in that being a CFG club means you should be better supported financially than most.
[/QUOTE]

Very true, as a club we are pretty much safe, but if the League fails then it's effectively the same thing.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.