Melbourne City FC Thread

Not about Melbourne City but the A-League .....................

My wife was watching a movie last night so I wandered into the spare room to watch Wellington Phoenix play Western Sydney. Just after I switched on I heard one of the commentators mention a player who had played for a number of teams in England including Manchester City. It turned out to be Jack Rodwell !
Doesn't seem to have changed physically. I hope he enjoys better luck with injuries in this part of the world.

Game tonight, under 1 hour before KO, playing at home vs the 3rd Melbourne team.

Coolish evening so should be a decent tempo, and an evening of scotch n cokes.

Game tonight, under 1 hour before KO, playing at home vs the 3rd Melbourne team.

Coolish evening so should be a decent tempo, and an evening of scotch n cokes.

Commiserations on the result. Sounds like a frustrating evening.

On another note, what's the reasoning behind forming another Melbourne team? Seems as though City have the shitty end of the stick here. First, the original rivals are given a four-year head start when it comes to collaring the bulk of support within the city. Then, just as things are really coming together on the pitch, they have a new competitor that's seeking to position itself as the natural choice for a significant portion of the metropolitan area.

Why didn't they go for second teams in, say, Brisbane, Adelaide or Perth rather than third ones in Sydney and Melbourne?

Commiserations on the result. Sounds like a frustrating evening.

On another note, what's the reasoning behind forming another Melbourne team? Seems as though City have the shitty end of the stick here. First, the original rivals are given a four-year head start when it comes to collaring the bulk of support within the city. Then, just as things are really coming together on the pitch, they have a new competitor that's seeking to position itself as the natural choice for a significant portion of the metropolitan area.

Why didn't they go for second teams in, say, Brisbane, Adelaide or Perth rather than third ones in Sydney and Melbourne?
Now that's a bad loss.

Regarding the new franchise, absolutely a head scratcher.

It was basically given the license on the proviso of building a stadium. Still very little has happened construction wise. As being a 3rd team in Melbourne as opposed to a second in Adelaide Brisbane or Perth, thats also a contentious discussion point.

Melbourne and Sydney have both a population of around 5 million, Brisbane and Perth 2 million and Adelaide 1.3 million. So the logic was Melbourne could support a third team.

So far it seems to be another dumb decision, our game in this country is nothing but an endless collections of dumb decisions.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.