Melbourne City FC Thread

Re: Melbourne blues

Interesting to see what happens with this. Will they change the colours of their kit from red to blue? Will the badge change? Will they become Melbourne City FC? The club has only existed since 2008, so it's not like we'd be ruining a lot of history.

Europe - Manchester City
North America - New York
Asia - Melbourne
Africa - ???
South America - ???

Will we complete the set?

Re: Manchester City Acquire Melbourne Heart FC!

adelaideblue said:
largely in the shadow of melbourne victory, have just sacked their manager John Aloisi. second or third year in the league, started off well but seem to be a bit of a shambles at the moment, one win for the year.

Excellent! Let's knock Victory off their perch too!

Re: Melbourne blues

Also, Melbourne is the sporting city of Australia. Smarter choice than one of the Sydney clubs.

Heart set the record recently for most consecutive games without a win. Finally won the other week.
Apparently the trademark name" melbourne city football club" has been applied for.
Have a poor member base when compared to melbourne victory. 5000 ish to about 20k ish.
They're really crap.
Play in red/ white stripes.
Play their home games out of aami park, not the etihad stadium here in Melbourne.
Did I mention they're crap?

M24 Citizen said:
I think Melbourne Storm own the other 20% (remember how the Yankees are involved in NYCFC) - Do you reckon it's because Ferran was a Manchester Storm fan?

I know Fox Sports (News Limited) have a huge investment in the Storm, so maybe they're the other 20%.

MelbourneBlue said:
Heart set the record recently for most consecutive games without a win. Finally won the other week.
Apparently the trademark name" melbourne city football club" has been applied for.
Have a poor member base when compared to melbourne victory. 5000 ish to about 20k ish.
They're really crap.
Play their home games out of aami park, not the etihad stadium here in Melbourne.

Nice to welcome another underdog so :-)

MelbourneBlue said:
They're really crap.

We were crap a few years ago and now look.
A change from red to blue will have to happen though.

On the Hearts forum they're saying we've just applied for a trademark: Melbourne City FC

<a class="postlink" href="http://mhfcsupporters.com/topic/2515-mac-city-buys-80-applies-for-melbourne-city-fc-trademark/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://mhfcsupporters.com/topic/2515-ma ... trademark/</a>

Maybe they'll be blue too, who knows

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.