Melbourne City FC Thread

Re: Melbourne Heart FC Thread

aguero93:20 said:
mancity1 said:
KippaxCitizen said:
The big sporting rivalry in Aus is NSW v Queensland. NSW colours are sky and navy, Ql's is maroon. Manly Sea Eagles who are a NSW RL team play in maroon but i don't think their fans particularly care that that is the colour of Ql.

Correct the rivalry at club level is meaningless when compared to the rivalry at State level especially for different codes.

Interestingly when Victoria used to play AFL games against interstate rivals they used to wear blue.

The state colour of Victoria where Heart is based and will continue to be based is either blue or yellow for the yellow wattle but traditionally its blue.

Wearing sky blue for the home games and maybe something similar to what they wear now to away games especially when the play Sydney FC and Melbourne Victory is the way they will go.

Its inevitable they will be renamed Melbourne City and wear City colours and their will be no back lash from existing supporters and a number of new supporters will come along for the ride.
How do you know all this mate, or is it just speculation on your part?

It's a bit of both as I know John Van't Schip.

He has been briefed on the change of name and the change of home colours by the directors.

Its not nailed on to come in next season though.

If anything both will occur at the same time but Melbourne City is nailed on sooner rather than later and so is sky blue and so it should be given the investment and eventual player swaps between Man City players past their prime and Melbourne Heart or should I say Melbourne City.

It's the wish of the board to rename the club and change the colours and I know for a fact this was discussed when our F & S visited the club recently.

Don't forget Melbourne Heart has a small history time wise and have had a colour change albeit not significant already.

Most of the members and supporters are ambivalent to the change although some naturally want a set of home colours nothing like those of Victory.

The biggest rivalry in the A league and the game that draws the biggest crowd and the is most watched live ( all games are broadcast live ) is Victory and Sydney who both wear different shades of blue.

tailspin747 said:
They could go half way and have sky blue / red stripes? A play on the barca kit? Or just wear black/red stripes. It's s famous city kit after all?

The problem is that they don't want any changes at all. Playing in red and black stripes to them is just as bad as using the full sky blue package. Besides, the whole idea of using the sky blue is supposed to be about brand recognition. Your typical Indonesian, Nigerian or Saudi fan will not associate red and black with City, especially because we're not using it anyway. Either they go with sky blue (hopefully only as an away kit) or they should abandon the idea of synergising colours entirely.

KippaxCitizen said:
greasedupdeafguy said:
TonyM said:
The club has been around for 5 years. Their fans are far too precious. I'd wait a bit longer for the right club with deserving fans.
Yeah who gives a fuck about hearts fans, let city be their woman and change everything the club until its unrecognisable.
We changed from Gorton FC to Ardwick AFC to Manchester City FC; and we changed from a black strip to royal/white stripes with black shorts to sky/white halves and eventually to the sky blue shirts with white shorts and navy socks.

United were originally Newton Heath who played in yellow/green halves, Arsenal were Woolwich Arsenal and played in maroon, Everton used to play at Anfield before Liverpool even existed, Juventus used to play in all pink, Warrington Wolves were once just Warrington RLFC who did play in the same primrose and blue they do now but they used to be called Warrington Zingari and played in black/red hoops.

In the early years of a club things can change very quickly as the club may look upon it as they may not survive long term as the outfit they are currently or at least would be far better off with a change. This is Melbourne Heart's fourth year of existence. They are crap and attract very few fans. They are going to change and within 25 years "Heart" and the 'red/white' will just be a memory and nobody will particularly care.

You were going alright until the last sentence. The "Heart" will continue to be used in an informal capacity.

Just a heads-up if anyone was interested - Melbourne Heart are over in England this summer and are due to play a friendly against a Bolton XI on the 23rd July at 7:30pm. Might be an interesting watch if anyone is interested in the Heart. Just be aware, if you're planning on going, it's at their reserve ground in Leyland, not in Bolton.

The rumour is that we will go to Melbourne next season.

Falastur said:
Just a heads-up if anyone was interested - Melbourne Heart are over in England this summer and are due to play a friendly against a Bolton XI on the 23rd July at 7:30pm. Might be an interesting watch if anyone is interested in the Heart. Just be aware, if you're planning on going, it's at their reserve ground in Leyland, not in Bolton.
I wonder if this will be publicised on the OS.

A good City following there could be great PR

Unsure. I asked Chris Nield over Twitter earlier whether he thinks it's likely they'll record it for a video highlights package on the website, and he said it's unlikely, though, so I fear this one may be going under the radar.

A small hitch in our plans

@City_Watch · 25m
Minor setback for the City-owned Melbourne Heart, who won't be allowed to wear sky blue. Club still expected to rename to Melbourne City.

Don't know about small hitch. CFG arent going to want its Asian flagship club playing in different colours.

So unless the club can come to some sort of agreement with FFA I can see one of the other partners becoming the senior club in the confederation.

Don't think we will walk away from Melbourne, there are too many positives in the deal. But when it comes to the champions league CFG are going to want one of the clubs to be playing in Sky Blue.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.