Melbourne City FC Thread

Re: MCFC buy Melbourne Heart FC (merged)

mancity111 said:
Welcome aboard.

I live in Melbourne but I think you are being a tad easy on the temperature side of things with due respect.

More closer to mid forties of late and we often get well over 35 for a number of days when Heart are playing.

Same applies to Perth and Adelaide for those in England who may not know how hot is actually gets in Melbourne in the summer and its only going to get hotter on average in the summer with climate change.

Thanks for the welcome. I probably won't post here much, but just wanted to add "my 2 cents worth" to the discussion. I've been on a high since the news broke yesterday and am looking forward to the re-build of MHFC.

But you're right, it has been hotter on some days. Last week's four days of 40+ was unbearable, but Friday's night's great win made it all worthwhile.

I don't think anyone (myself included) can fully grasp the sheer magnitude of what we're trying to do here on a global scale.

As a city supporter since 1988 born and raised in melbourne i now have a large problem!! As i have followed victory since their first practice game at a cold wet night at olympic park i have become a little disillusioned by victory the last couple of years. However my loyalty will always be with CITY and i cannot support Melbourne Heart and a team in red………perhaps a name change to Melbourne City and a colour change to our Maroon with some sky blue will keep heart fans happy and will have me onboard!

CTID!

Hey guys, another Melbourne supporter here.
Thanks again, every heart fan on here has said everything i would have said, so i wont ramble on.

I was just wondering, do you have a fence banner that i can replicate to place on our 'fence'?
Or even an idea for a fence banner that connects the two clubs?

Thanks again.

RFC56 said:
mancity111 said:
Welcome aboard.

I live in Melbourne but I think you are being a tad easy on the temperature side of things with due respect.

More closer to mid forties of late and we often get well over 35 for a number of days when Heart are playing.

Same applies to Perth and Adelaide for those in England who may not know how hot is actually gets in Melbourne in the summer and its only going to get hotter on average in the summer with climate change.

Thanks for the welcome. I probably won't post here much, but just wanted to add "my 2 cents worth" to the discussion. I've been on a high since the news broke yesterday and am looking forward to the re-build of MHFC.

But you're right, it has been hotter on some days. Last week's four days of 40+ was unbearable, but Friday's night's great win made it all worthwhile.

No thats fine but along with the might Tigers you might get the bluemoon bug and once City get hold of you as they did with me in 74 a true blue VFL nutter as I was in those days its hard to resist them.

Similiar to if a gorgeous blond targeted you in a night club even if you had a girlfriend at the time (LOL).

As a Sydney FC supporter from day dot, I would have loved for us to buy Sydney as it would've been the most logical choice (sky blue kit and stadium).

Apparently we made a move to acquire Sydney FC, but Russian millionaire David Traktovenko wouldn't sell.

Anyway, I shall be heading to Melbourne for our trip down under and I'm hoping we play out of Etihad stadium. That would be symbolic indeed.

Uwe Rösler said:
As a city supporter since 1988 born and raised in melbourne i now have a large problem!! As i have followed victory since their first practice game at a cold wet night at olympic park i have become a little disillusioned by victory the last couple of years. However my loyalty will always be with CITY and i cannot support Melbourne Heart and a team in red………perhaps a name change to Melbourne City and a colour change to our Maroon with some sky blue will keep heart fans happy and will have me onboard!

CTID!

Can't help with your decision or disillusionment with victory. But I think you can understand how happy the Heart supporters are with the sale. We've had a dreadful season and this has been great news for us. Our worry was that we were going down the same path as Gold Coast and North Queensland, but thankfully Man City has come to our rescue. :-)

i am not a Melbourne Heart fan but i love the A-league and this is possibly the best thing to happen to the league, Melbourne heart fans recently had a silent protest which the purpose was to get their coach fired while not all of them liked the idea i am hoping you can bring a better class of fans to Melbourne heart.

This is also great for the entire A-league there are so many football fans in this country but so many Eurosnobs who wont even look at the A-league but i bet many of them are thinking if Manchester City want to be involved then its good enough for us, exciting times and i do much rather the name Melbourne City over Melbourne Heart and really excited to see what the Manchester City owners can do, from what i have seen they know their football and know how to run a club.

Plaything of the gods said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
I'm not sure why we'd call them Melbourne City, as we'd have 2 MCFC's and that leads to the potential for Brand confusion.

So I don't know whether we'd change them to Melbourne City AFC, or Melbourne City Hearts, or maybe do what Hearts do and call them Heart of Melbourne City.
If MCFC causes a problem (although a perfect fit for "We never win at home, and we never win away..."), Heart of Melbourne City FC sounds good. They can keep Heart or Hearts (whatever they currently use) as the nickname anyway of course, as a nickname is an unofficial name.
This would be epic if Heart fans adopted the "we never win at home" song! Very appropriate, although don't think it'd sound quite as good in a skip accent.

The positive for any City supporters who adopt an interest in Heart, is that like City, this club's local rival has a fan base that will give you plenty of reason to hate them, which will no doubt seem familiar.

aussie blake said:
This would be epic if Heart fans adopted the "we never win at home" song! Very appropriate, although don't think it'd sound quite as good in a skip accent.

The positive for any City supporters who adopt an interest in Heart, is that like City, this club's local rival has a fan base that will give you plenty of reason to hate them, which will no doubt seem familiar.

When I saw that Muscat was the coach of Victory, I immediately thought, "Good, I'm glad the manager of the rivals is an absolute twat!" for precisely this reason. :)

Incidentally, the news story below comes from Sports Direct News (link here - http://www.sportsdirectnews.com/man...-former-city-man-in-line-for-shock-return.php). Not sure it's the most reliable source in the world, but what it says makes some sense (in fact, not sure why I didn't think of it earlier) given that Tiatto was born and grew up in the Melbourne area, made over 150 appearances for City and was quite well liked, and has no past association with Melbourne victory.

Heart fans, how do you feel about this? Is there a reason why you might dislike him that we wouldn't be aware of?

Former City man in line for shock return
Exclusive by Richard Flynn

23rd January 2014 6:13pm GMT

Manchester City hope to involve former player Danny Tiatto in their successful takeover of Australian club Melbourne Heart, Sports Direct News understands.

A consortium led by the Premier League title challengers has purchased an 80% stake in the A-League outfit, with rugby league team Melbourne Storm taking a 20% stake.

The 40-year-old, who spent six years with the Blues in their Maine Road days and won the official Player of the Year award in 2001, would take up an ambassadorial role.

Ex-Australia international Tiatto played 23 times for his country and wound down a long football career in his homeland two years ago, but has not expressed an interest in coaching.

Still a cult figure in the eyes of City supporters, he is also high-profile Down Under and would provide a useful link between City and their new project.

This latest investment comes eight months after the establishment of MLS franchise New York City FC, who will start competing next year.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.