Melbourne City FC Thread

Re: MCFC buy Melbourne Heart FC (merged)

its a Barm said:
Just thinking now i am wondering which club is going to be the parent club which one gets the most attention from the owners in other words i hope the don't neglect us to concentrate on the other clubs and take the eye of the ball.

Manchester City FC (not the Sheikh or ADUG, but MCFC) owns the two other clubs, that should give you a clue as to the parent club :)

SrilankanBlue said:
its a Barm said:
Just thinking now i am wondering which club is going to be the parent club which one gets the most attention from the owners in other words i hope the don't neglect us to concentrate on the other clubs and take the eye of the ball.

Manchester City FC (not the Sheikh or ADUG, but MCFC) owns the two other clubs, that should give you a clue as to the parent club :)

All together now!

Cities,
There's only three Cities,

:-)

Thanks for the answers guys. That's cleared up my two questions. If I'd have had my brain in gear I'd have spotted the difference between state and city that was there in my phrasing!

And thanks for the background about the history of the league and what went before it. That raises one more question in my mind. There are other leagues, so why no promotion/relegation between them and the A League? Are they all just state leagues? How do you feel about having no relegation from the A League? Doesn't it take some of the dread and fear out of being at or near the bottom of the league as the race turns into the final straight?

Don't think I've seen this posted yet, but here is a defining moment for many fans and a instantly defined hatred for victory.
Season ¹ for, derby #III
This up and coming kid ended up being put out for a season. He is thankfully playing again but was mentally affected by THAT tackle he couldn't play in Melbourne anymore.
[youtube]
<a class="postlink" href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkWZyX8lmVU&feature=youtube_gdata_player" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkWZyX8 ... ata_player</a>[/youtube]

alexiano said:
Don't think I've seen this posted yet, but here is a defining moment for many fans and a instantly defined hatred for victory.
Season ¹ for, derby #III
This up and coming kid ended up being put out for a season. He is thankfully playing again but was mentally affected by THAT tackle he couldn't play in Melbourne anymore.
[youtube]
<a class="postlink" href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkWZyX8lmVU&feature=youtube_gdata_player" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkWZyX8 ... ata_player</a>[/youtube]
Dirty bastard

Plaything of the gods said:
Thanks for the answers guys. That's cleared up my two questions. If I'd have had my brain in gear I'd have spotted the difference between state and city that was there in my phrasing!

And thanks for the background about the history of the league and what went before it. That raises one more question in my mind. There are other leagues, so why no promotion/relegation between them and the A League? Are they all just state leagues? How do you feel about having no relegation from the A League? Doesn't it take some of the dread and fear out of being at or near the bottom of the league as the race turns into the final straight?
Unfortunately no promotion and relegation. Yet. Often spoken about but there isn't enough buoyancy in the smaller clubs to sustain this model. The FFA is very strict in regulations which is what attracted City in the first place I think.

Having relegation would certainly do this however I expect its a matter of time as the sport grows. Keep in mind that aleague is only 9 years young. It is a wish of many fans and clubs that want to be back in the limelight (like those old clubs of the NSL which still play in the league below)

Next step is to get a cross level cup where state teams play each other and eventually play the aleague teams. This was planned this season.

southaustralianblue said:
Manc in London said:
Gutted with the result. I really do dislike anything to do with the city of Adelaide.

I hope to see the Heart fans stick around. Maybe Ric could produce some dedicated sub forums for the other City teams ;) We could end up with a behemoth of a forum.

harsh on Adelaide mate

Not called the City of Murderers for nothing.

Hmmm, it's all a bit strange this. It seems it's just me and maybe I'm struggling with seeing City in a different way to the traditional view of a football club and it's supporters, but I couldn't care less for Melbourne Heart or New York City FC, I have only ever supported one football team and that is Manchester City. I do not support a brand, but a football club who l have had a lifelong connection to through family and locality.

I completely understand why the owner wants to do this and only hope it benefits Manchester City, but all this we're a family business is a bit odd, we are not a franchise but a football club. The traditional way to build a "brand" is to have success on the pitch and make it impossible for us to be ignored, again maybe it's me and this adding of clubs is the way forward.

Good luck to Melbourne Heart in your own right and all the best in having some of the joy we have had, but I fail to see any connection to me and Melbourne Heart other than the men, appointed in the last few years to do a job at the club I happen to support, have put a pin in a map and decided to invest in a team on the other side of the world, who before this week I and probably many others had never heard of.

ChesterRdBlue said:
Hmmm, it's all a bit strange this. It seems it's just me and maybe I'm struggling with seeing City in a different way to the traditional view of a football club and it's supporters, but I couldn't care less for Melbourne Heart or New York City FC, I have only ever supported one football team and that is Manchester City. I do not support a brand, but a football club who l have had a lifelong connection to through family and locality.

I completely understand why the owner wants to do this and only hope it benefits Manchester City, but all this we're a family business is a bit odd, we are not a franchise but a football club. The traditional way to build a "brand" is to have success on the pitch and make it impossible for us to be ignored, again maybe it's me and this adding of clubs is the way forward.

Good luck to Melbourne Heart in your own right and all the best in having some of the joy we have had, but I fail to see any connection to me and Melbourne Heart other than the men, appointed in the last few years to do a job at the club I happen to support, have put a pin in a map and decided to invest in a team on the other side of the world, who before this week I and probably many others had never heard of.
thats fair enough, you're not obliged to suddenly start supporting the heart. Some will find that they have grown a little interest in the league or our club and others wont.

Obviously your choice and other will have their opinions. tbh, if i was melbourne heart and we bought manchester city (lol) i probably wouldnt give two shits about you guys either. But the fact that you have bought us, has turned me into a city fan, which i am very happy about.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.