Melbourne City FC Thread

Re: MCFC buy Melbourne Heart FC (merged)

Having a look on the Club World Cup wiki (to see if we can truly populate the whole damn thing), Oceana has their own equivalent of the champs league, separate from Asia, which means we could still (potentially) buy an Asia-based club as well!?

I just don't know what the eventual goal will be, I really really hope our owners don't turn out to be supervillains and that these clubs all happen to be based on geological coordinates that can put the world at threat with the touch of a button.

Super2Goten said:
Having a look on the Club World Cup wiki (to see if we can truly populate the whole damn thing), Oceana has their own equivalent of the champs league, separate from Asia, which means we could still (potentially) buy an Asia-based club as well!?

I just don't know what the eventual goal will be, I really really hope our owners don't turn out to be supervillains and that these clubs all happen to be based on geological coordinates that can put the world at threat with the touch of a button.
LOL! I dont think so, they must be going for "world domination" but in a football way ;)

Plaything of the gods said:
Thanks for the answers guys. That's cleared up my two questions. If I'd have had my brain in gear I'd have spotted the difference between state and city that was there in my phrasing!

And thanks for the background about the history of the league and what went before it. That raises one more question in my mind. There are other leagues, so why no promotion/relegation between them and the A League? Are they all just state leagues? How do you feel about having no relegation from the A League? Doesn't it take some of the dread and fear out of being at or near the bottom of the league as the race turns into the final straight?

NO money. The state leagues are kinda restructuring. They have the National Premier League. To be honest I don;t know much about it. I think the states have their own promotion and relegation and play in their states and then the top teams play off in some extra finals with other states to become champions of champions type thing. (others will know more about it) but there's just not the money to go around to have a professional comp with relegation. Or supporters for that matter. Football (soccer) in australia isn't the biggest. Lots play it, but not many go to games or have local teams.
I would love the day when we have promotion and relegation (although not this season!!). It's isn't really likely that we are going to make finals so we pretty much just have half a season to kill until next season. It's a bit sucky. Doesn;t help we have a 6 months off-season !! They are bringing in a national knock-out cup though. So that will make it a bit more fun and a chance to play other local teams.

Bay17 said:
Oh and guys, ITS A MUFFIN

I was ok with the deal until that.

All the civilised world knows it's a barm. What sort of rough arse dockers have we just bought?

Super2Goten said:

The A league champions play in the Asian champions league, not Oceania.

I'd be surprised if there wasnt a Shanghai City or Beijing City eventually although its probably a few years away from being viable.

And owning two sides in Asia could be a problem.

Plaything of the gods said:
Bay17 said:
Chris in London said:
It's a lot like some of our recent away strips.

Just seen your fans wearing the home strip.

Would red and black stripes be a compromise? :)
Our second biggest rival has redblack hoops
The Menaces?
The Western Sydney Wanderers, coached by Tony Popovic who some of you may remember from Crystal Palace

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.