Memorable FA Cup 4th round ties

Didsbury Dave said:
That's just reminded me of another cracking 4th round memory. Coventry away 1996. Again I was in their end with other blues. Was always good fun in that sort of underground pub there. It was a night game, because the previous game had gone to at least one replay. It had been snowing and much of the first half consisted of snowball throwing at players and between fans.

From memory we went 2-1 up late in the game in the full knowledge that we had united in the next round. They scored in the last minute to make it 2-2. The group of us blues in their end ended up scrapping with some of their fans, rolling in the snow at the front of the stand.

I've still got a full film of photos from that night.

I think it was a night game to to the Saturday match being postponed because if the weather. What a boring contribution to this thread but that's how I remember it. I could well be wrong though but the weather was really bad around then.

cheddar404 said:
Didsbury Dave said:
That's just reminded me of another cracking 4th round memory. Coventry away 1996. Again I was in their end with other blues. Was always good fun in that sort of underground pub there. It was a night game, because the previous game had gone to at least one replay. It had been snowing and much of the first half consisted of snowball throwing at players and between fans.

From memory we went 2-1 up late in the game in the full knowledge that we had united in the next round. They scored in the last minute to make it 2-2. The group of us blues in their end ended up scrapping with some of their fans, rolling in the snow at the front of the stand.

I think it was a night game to to the Saturday match being postponed because if the weather. What a boring contribution to this thread but that's how I remember it. I could well be wrong though but the weather was really bad around then.
That actually makes sense because of the snow around the pitch.

Didsbury Dave said:
cheddar404 said:
Didsbury Dave said:

That actually makes sense because of the snow around the pitch.

I knew I could do it if I really put my mind to it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.