Memories from the Kippax

Robbo. said:
The Kippax

Great contribution, thanks<br /><br />-- Sat Sep 22, 2012 2:38 am --<br /><br />
spam1967 said:
the best memory i've got of the kippax.

there's a few hundred.

from the position i was in the kippax. daves watson's bullit header in the last few minutes against ipswich sticks out all the time, nothing significant, just stuck in my memory!.

the worst weren't even talking about apart from them red ***** being in there every derby takin the piss.

Do not remember that ever happening, they had the usual away corner allocation from my recollection?

At derby matches in late 60s/70s, bottles hitting the girders and shattering over opposing fans. Big corridor of no man's land between them.

Still chancing it for half price through the "schoolboys" entrance, age 21.

The surge of blue humanity when we scored.

The huddersfield 10-1 only 16k if memory serves me right, but what a noise as the last few goals went in.
Charlton promotion with 60k wedged into the ground, kippax sang it's heart out that day.

nicholasjackson said:
i8rags said:
The huddersfield 10-1 only 16k if memory serves me right, but what a noise as the last few goals went in.
Charlton promotion with 60k wedged into the ground, kippax sang it's heart out that day.

was it really 16k or a swales tax avoidence 16k lol

I'd be suprised if it was more than 20k. They had all the Platt Lane benches but there was only 200 of them. Dont know how we weren't 3 down before McNab opened the scoring. ;)

IOWBlue said:
nicholasjackson said:
i8rags said:

was it really 16k or a swales tax avoidence 16k lol

I'd be suprised if it was more than 20k. They had all the Platt Lane benches but there was only 200 of them. Dont know how we weren't 3 down before McNab opened the scoring. ;)
19583, good shout.

i8rags said:

Happy days

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCRzaDr0pEo[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IqBemHVkERY&feature=relmfu[/youtube]

im 34 so can't remember as much as some of you guys but remember my dad lying to me saying i had to go and pick some money up with him when i was about 7 and driving there i said oh this is the way to city he was taking me to my first flood lit night match think it was watford in the milk cup, stand out times in kippax were rosler walsh flitcroft team, beating leeds when they were going for title with united and pitch invasion v spurs in the cup,

earliest about '67 as a 6 year old staring at a bloke with a massive scab where his ear should have been.

£35 season tickets.

using tippex on the vouchers at the back of the season ticket to get extra derby tickets

In at 1pm to sit on "our barrier", then being tall enough to stand in front of our barrier.

We've got a rattle that'll get on your nerves.

Leaving early to run round to the main stand to get on the pitch @Luton game, only to get back in and they'd scored "confronting" Luton players on the pitch, running back to the kippax to have a go at the luton fans in the corner and getting kicked up the arse by a copper in front of the luton fans.

Charlton, singing we love you charlton we do

Arther albason

12th Nov 1975 beating scum 4-0, the night king Colin was crippled.(having bought rothmans king size as it was a big match)

Boro in the semi later that year (and before that game as a 15 year old getting run by the bastards in the alley's at the back of the Platt Lane)

Mate being hit on the head by a lump of brick v scum, and before we could react another lad asking"can i borrow your brick" as he picked it up and threw it back at the scum bastards,

down against liverpool

Colin Bell v Newcastle (still brings goosebumps)

Wigan semi in playoffs - singing Wembley all the way back to town

Years in the birch villa "never seeing a kick off"

eating oranges injected with vodka first game we couldnt drink in sight of the pitch

Everton FA cup replay (with an Everton fan)

Beating Leeds 4-0, pissed off at first 2 goals as it looked like we'd given scum the title then thinking fuck it and celebrating next 2 - making amends for it at scumland a few days later

the buzz of seeing the floodlights on for night matches as the bus trundled down princess parkway

singing boring boring Arsenal when they were 3 or 4 up in the first 20 mins
kicking the gate,in the alley, at the back of the kippax to wind the mad dog up

the "surges"

first sight of the pitch as we walked through the tunnel

Grand National day, everything would go quiet as the winners were read out

fucking ****

Pearce missing the pen that would have given us a record number of goals

Lee coming back playing for Derby

beating AC Milan (3? goals in the last 4 mins?)

West Ham (?) trying to take the Kippax by coming up the middle stairs

Swales out

The bogs

the sheer madness every time we scored

the shared humour every game

seeing the same faces around you every game and spotting them in pubs and on terraces at away matches

young Gary Owen having a go at Mike Doyle (v Wolves) in front of the kippax

Gerry Francis (?) getting shit over wifes extra curricula activities

the sheer sadness of lost youth the last game on the kippax and having to relocate to the north stand

not the same sadness at the last game in the new kippax

taking my boy when he was 3 (new kippax)

The crushes on the way out after the game

All my kids having a teddy bear called kippax

Experiences never to be repeated

I routinely came in via the kippax car park from yew tree lane with my pie, chips and gravy. The noise when we scored, the surge of people pushing you forward, used to shit me up at times. Going for a piss against the wall at the back. Dodging the horse shit on the way out and the occasional bottle.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.