Memories of the Pink Final

nobody can eat fifty eggs said:
Does anyone know why it was coloured Pink? I was always amazed when you came out after the match and it was ready to buy at the van, technology I suppose!

Don't why it was coloured but when i studied in Sheffield their equivalant was called the Green "Un" and it was green.
Used to get my copy sent over on a Monday.

The sound of the sellers calling, 'Pink Final' or 'Get yer Pink'. That, combined with the opening music of Sports Report after rushing back to the car from the ground.

The MEN paper was green. The Pink was the Evening Chronicle's version. They merged in 1963. Pink prevailed.

DSC00149.jpg

Bottom left of the paper has results from the central league, oh those memories. Did we ever win the central league?

My favourite memory of the Pink:

Coming home from honeymoon, due to which I missed a very important home fixture. Hit Greater Manchester round about 6-00 pm and dived down a side street in Sale when I saw a paper shop with guys coming out with Pinks.

Imagine my delight when I found the score was 5-1. Rounded off a nice time in my life, did that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.