MEN - United have "embarrassed" City over academy graduates

Status
Not open for further replies.
it is important to understand what Rashford is ,he is a poor footballer who the Glaizers need to take over the mantle of icon from Rooney, just a marketing tool his stats do not stand up to Bents.
I know a rag who runs his mouth off about youth in the first team, my reply to him is the same as last year ` there are always better players abroad which is why you are a mid table team just as city was when we had the record for bringing through youth players into the premiership`
we will bring in youth when they are good enough , not just for marketing

I don't rate Rashford as highly as even a fair number of City fans, but he did actually score the goal that beat us, from absolutely nothing.

If he was a City kid & he did the same to them, it wouldn't matter if he never kicked another ball in the first team.

They have been doing this for years, bringing in kids who win them games, allow them to get through difficult periods when they have injuries, allow them to rest players.

It does not matter, if these kids stay in the team. They played, that's the point. And they played when Ronaldo & Tevez were there. They are playing now.

Remember this no mark ?

Macheda signed his first professional contract with Manchester United on his 17th birthday in August 2008.[10] In the 2008–09 season, he continued in the under-18 side, while also making a few appearances for the reserves. Towards the end of the season, Macheda enjoyed an extended run in the reserve team, scoring eight goals in eight games, including a hat-trick in a 3–3 draw with Newcastle United on 30 March 2009,[11] and he was rewarded by being selected for the first team for the match against Aston Villa on 5 April 2009.[12] With United 2–1 down heading into the final third of the game, manager Alex Ferguson substituted Macheda in for Nani just after the hour mark. After Cristiano Ronaldo equalised for United in the 80th minute, Macheda won the match with a turn to evade his marker followed by a curling effort from just inside the penalty area in the third minute of injury time.

Macheda was named on the bench for United's next two games – first against Porto in the first leg of their Champions League quarter-final,[14] and then against Sunderland in the league – making his second appearance for the club in the latter game. Just 46 seconds after taking to the field in place of Dimitar Berbatov,[15] Macheda had the ball in the back of the net for the second time in his United career, deflecting a Michael Carrick shot past Craig Gordon in the Sunderland goal.

That's how it works.

Doesn't matter where he is now.

Un*ted are embarrassing themselves with this shite, nobody else.

It's not about embarrassing anybody, it's about letting future generations of parents know which team they should send their kids to.

Have a look around the net & see how fans of other clubs currently view City's academy.

Then imagine some of them are parents to the next Messi. At some point,the best kids will stop coming to City if things don't change. Utd will milk it even further if/when that happens. Then imagine Brexit rules for example the Prem put a put a block on overseas signings numbers, at the request of Utd, Arse, Spurs, Liverpool etc.

City fans have become so blase, we are mirroring them, before they fell on their arse. Nothing can touch us.

I feel this thread has moved away from what's important - Samuel Luckhurst is a shit snivelling cockroach.

I don't rate Rashford as highly as even a fair number of City fans, but he did actually score the goal that beat us, from absolutely nothing.

If he was a City kid & he did the same to them, it wouldn't matter if he never kicked another ball in the first team.

They have been doing this for years, bringing in kids who win them games, allow them to get through difficult periods when they have injuries, allow them to rest players.

It does not matter, if these kids stay in the team. They played, that's the point. And they played when Ronaldo & Tevez were there. They are playing now.

Remember this no mark ?

Macheda signed his first professional contract with Manchester United on his 17th birthday in August 2008.[10] In the 2008–09 season, he continued in the under-18 side, while also making a few appearances for the reserves. Towards the end of the season, Macheda enjoyed an extended run in the reserve team, scoring eight goals in eight games, including a hat-trick in a 3–3 draw with Newcastle United on 30 March 2009,[11] and he was rewarded by being selected for the first team for the match against Aston Villa on 5 April 2009.[12] With United 2–1 down heading into the final third of the game, manager Alex Ferguson substituted Macheda in for Nani just after the hour mark. After Cristiano Ronaldo equalised for United in the 80th minute, Macheda won the match with a turn to evade his marker followed by a curling effort from just inside the penalty area in the third minute of injury time.

Macheda was named on the bench for United's next two games – first against Porto in the first leg of their Champions League quarter-final,[14] and then against Sunderland in the league – making his second appearance for the club in the latter game. Just 46 seconds after taking to the field in place of Dimitar Berbatov,[15] Macheda had the ball in the back of the net for the second time in his United career, deflecting a Michael Carrick shot past Craig Gordon in the Sunderland goal.

That's how it works.

Doesn't matter where he is now.

this x1000000000000000000000

Abso-fucking-lutely spot on.

He is irrelevant.

Stuart Brennan writes wind up pieces in there to get on Utd's tits. This message goes much wider than one piece in the MUEN.
My point remains - though I'm not getting into the wider point because you feel strongly about the subject and I respect you for it. It's not something I tend to give enough time thinking about tbh, mate.

My point remains - though I'm not getting into the wider point because you feel strongly about the subject and I respect you for it. It's not something I tend to give enough time thinking about tbh, mate.

I can't disagree he is a complete shitehead.

There is a whole army of them out there, happy to keep inplanting this message in people's heads.

All we have to do, to stop it, is give some of the best young players in the world, a bit of game time.

Tbh, I think Pep will try to use some, just not start them for the sake of it, which I have no problem with. I have a problem with the previous three years.

With the players we are buying be tough for them to get on the bench unless Pep changes how he picked his subs last season he mainly put the more experience on the bench. I believe though we have players who will make it if given the playing time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.