MEN - United have "embarrassed" City over academy graduates

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not about embarrassing anybody, it's about letting future generations of parents know which team they should send their kids to.

Have a look around the net & see how fans of other clubs currently view City's academy.

Then imagine some of them are parents to the next Messi. At some point,the best kids will stop coming to City if things don't change. Utd will milk it even further if/when that happens. Then imagine Brexit rules for example the Prem put a put a block on overseas signings numbers, at the request of Utd, Arse, Spurs, Liverpool etc.

City fans have become so blase, we are mirroring them, before they fell on their arse. Nothing can touch us.
you could not be further from the truth . city have the best facilities in the league they bring in the best players in the world and train them to be better footballers, united have for years used survival of the fittest policy, which is why they are always bigger
parents do not send their kids to barca thinking they are the next messi they send them there because every club in the world will want them after they have had there barca coaching it is almost a certificate of quality . and that is what city have

you could not be further from the truth . city have the best facilities in the league they bring in the best players in the world and train them to be better footballers, united have for years used survival of the fittest policy, which is why they are always bigger
parents do not send their kids to barca thinking they are the next messi they send them there because every club in the world will want them after they have had there barca coaching it is almost a certificate of quality . and that is what city have

And Utd are STILL getting these big eared clowns games the Premier league, wheras the masses of superior talent we have assembled has largely disappeared without trace.

Imagine if they actually wake up ?

Well they will.

And Utd are STILL getting these big eared clowns games the Premier league, wheras the masses of superior talent we have assembled has largely disappeared without trace.

Well they will.

We get it you think the United academy and manager are great whilst ours is a white elephant. Come back to me in 10 years and if what you say is true then I will admit you were right and I am wrong. The point is United have been a winning club in the UK for nearly 20 years we have only just started. We were happy with players no disrespect intended like Wilo Flood Lee Croft Greg Cunningham etc coming into the first team as we had a poor team. Since the takeover the bar has been raised but that takes time to filter down to both academy players and coaches. Being a "just do" player is no longer good enough for City who are looking for the very best players in the world in every position. That means that academy players either have to be world class when leaving the academy or thought to have world class potential

If you think having a token player on the bench is the right way to go thats fine but I think you are wrong as City want a squad of world class players that they can call upon in order to compete in every competition. How would you feel as a top international player not being in the squad for the sake of an 18 year old who isnt fit to lace your boots but he is an academy player

We have developed a style of play which is now the blueprint from the 1st team to the u8's everyone now knows the levels to which they have to aspire so lets give it time. I have not yet seen any of the players that have left our acamemy go onto become world stars but this is no doubt why City are insisting on buy back clauses in contracts as they dont want to be faced with the Pogba fiasco for one of their own young players

But please dont use the ad hoc approach that United have of injury crisis causes young player to be picked young player scores a few goals. Hailed as the next big thing and obviously picked for England or even try to make him English. Said young player is found out and is then sold to Sunderland or Wigan Januzay or Powell anyone as the way to go

We get it you think the United academy and manager are great whilst ours is a white elephant. Come back to me in 10 years and if what you say is true then I will admit you were right and I am wrong. The point is United have been a winning club in the UK for nearly 20 years we have only just started. We were happy with players no disrespect intended like Wilo Flood Lee Croft Greg Cunningham etc coming into the first team as we had a poor team. Since the takeover the bar has been raised but that takes time to filter down to both academy players and coaches. Being a "just do" player is no longer good enough for City who are looking for the very best players in the world in every position. That means that academy players either have to be world class when leaving the academy or thought to have world class potential

If you think having a token player on the bench is the right way to go thats fine but I think you are wrong as City want a squad of world class players that they can call upon in order to compete in every competition. How would you feel as a top international player not being in the squad for the sake of an 18 year old who isnt fit to lace your boots but he is an academy player

We have developed a style of play which is now the blueprint from the 1st team to the u8's everyone now knows the levels to which they have to aspire so lets give it time. I have not yet seen any of the players that have left our acamemy go onto become world stars but this is no doubt why City are insisting on buy back clauses in contracts as they dont want to be faced with the Pogba fiasco for one of their own young players

But please dont use the ad hoc approach that United have of injury crisis causes young player to be picked young player scores a few goals. Hailed as the next big thing and obviously picked for England or even try to make him English. Said young player is found out and is then sold to Sunderland or Wigan Januzay or Powell anyone as the way to go

No you don't fucking get it at all & don't seem to have fucking English as a first language. HOW THE FUCK can you read my posts and come up with this shite ?

I think Utd's academy is utter & complete fucking dogshite.

Yet they play these average to crap players in the Premier League & they get the kudos from the football world, for doing it.

We have a load of brilliant kids playing brilliant football & the general theme on here is that just ONE of them getting on for ten minutes at the end of a game, is dangerous, because he takes a place on the fucking bench where the manager has to leave out a 3rd fullback.

We have wasted fucking years of potential talent, & those ****s have been playing these fucking galoots in the Prem, for decades, & still winnining stuff most years.

The general idea being pushed around football is, kid signing for Utd= potential PL player, kid signing for City= money for parents.

They want to stop us getting the best talent & if there are enough self satisfied, lazy, attitudes like yours around, they will succeed.

We need to PLAY our players, not polish them & put them in display cases.

ChesterGuy. Take a bow. You have said everything I have tried to say. We ARE several years behind rags - as I said in an earlier post, real investment in our academy started in 2008 by which time rags had won PL countless times & didn't have to try to attract all the best youngsters- from age of 10. Now, however, this investment (together with our success & enhanced reputation worldwide) will start to show fruition from U16 level. Despite all Mr KNeville says, rags STILL only play youth when they have significant injuries & the games don't matter. However, the press & media can apparently brain wash anyone!!!!

ChesterGuy. Take a bow. You have said everything I have tried to say. We ARE several years behind rags - as I said in an earlier post, real investment in our academy started in 2008 by which time rags had won PL countless times & didn't have to try to attract all the best youngsters- from age of 10. Now, however, this investment (together with our success & enhanced reputation worldwide) will start to show fruition from U16 level. Despite all Mr KNeville says, rags STILL only play youth when they have significant injuries & the games don't matter. However, the press & media can apparently brain wash anyone!!!!

So these kids who have played Prem football for Utd in the last 10 years have all been brilliant then ?

Well they will.
and utd are still getting mid table players through for a mid table team, how many youth team players did Chelsea or Leicester play when they won the league, with falling standards at full back position did Maffeo or Angelino step up.
when we get one good enough they will play we will not drop standards like some mid table clubs

and utd are still getting mid table players through for a mid table team, how many youth team players did Chelsea or Leicester play when they won the league, with falling standards at full back position did Maffeo or Angelino step up.
when we get one good enough they will play we will not drop standards like some mid table clubs

Chelsea are not the example, they are a fucking disaster at bringing through players, same as us. They also waste loads of talent & imo it should be stopped.

Chelsea are not the example, they are a fucking disaster at bringing through players, same as us. They also waste loads of talent & imo it should be stopped.

So the purpose of the academy is not to produce players who will be good enough for us in the long term but to play a few times such as Powell Wilson et al who then get sold to Wigan or Sunderland. Isnt that the same as playing them them and putting them on display?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.