Mental Health Support Thread

When i got ME i found it really difficult to find a dr to believe in it, it was labelled yuppy flu and laughed at , it has taken decades to get it recognised, one dr told me to excersice it away , i collapsed and ended up in hospital ! Long covid is getting the same type of treatment imo, it needs to be taken more seriously
It’s up to the individual NHS regions to define their approach which means some have virtually nothing. There are nurses and doctors losing their jobs across the country.
You are bang on that it needs far more focused and integrated action.

Massive argument with manager yesterday re lack of support from him when dealing with other teams in organisation. Anxiety through the roof now, can feel dark cloud of depression coming in and no sleep last night. Been doing the job almost 17 years, he's been there 18 months. I'm 62 years old and shouldn't need this crap.

I feel pretty happy right now. Don't knock it. Just let it be...

I like this comment.

I think once someone can accept they are in control of what happens to them by their own means and let go of other things, you begin to lift.

It means being selfish, though, until you feel right.

I put in for a transfer at work because the dynamics were off and the manager was choosing his favourite cos he's dipping staff. Once I did that, I realised my mood lifted immeasurably.

Sometimes, you're not in control of other things, so be in control of what you can be.

So twice I plucked up the courage to ring the Samaritans and yes there was a queue (sign of the times) and I lost patience

I did this myself, years ago, losing patience after ringing for help.

As I got angry and was about to put the phone down, I thought about how I couldn't get mad at someone who doesn't know I existed and had the potential to help me. I stayed on the phone with uncontrollable tears about my situation, just to feel another person listen without judgement.

It helped me at the time to get my voice out, before I started to shift to my own control.

I like this comment.

I think once someone can accept they are in control of what happens to them by their own means and let go of other things, you begin to lift.

It means being selfish, though, until you feel right.

I put in for a transfer at work because the dynamics were off and the manager was choosing his favourite cos he's dipping staff. Once I did that, I realised my mood lifted immeasurably.

Sometimes, you're not in control of other things, so be in control of what you can be.
It only lasted until Wednesday evening ;(

Painful day despite trying everything i can , cant do this for another twenty years to add to the thirty already lived in pain , this step up is something else

Massive argument with manager yesterday re lack of support from him when dealing with other teams in organisation. Anxiety through the roof now, can feel dark cloud of depression coming in and no sleep last night. Been doing the job almost 17 years, he's been there 18 months. I'm 62 years old and shouldn't need this crap.
Didn't speak yesterday (I was working from home). Today noticed in his calendar catch up with me at 2.30 ( he never sent me invite or mentioned it). Time past and I noticed it had changed to 3.30 (again no invite and no mention). Now changed to Thursday at 10.30 (still not told me).

I had calmed down and anxiety bit better now sky high again and probably 2 more sleepless nights before Thursday

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.