Message from a Sunderland fan

All the best andy lad, for yesterday obviously

lay off the pizza and fry ups, you’ll see 55 (:
Pizza lunch before the game tomorrow then off to the Dales for a week, fresh crab on the coast and venison on for a few days can’t wait, don’t think we’ve met, but always good if I can put a face to a name.

I well remember going to roker new years eve 1966. We lost 1 0 to a late Bobby Kerr goal. Some pillock pulled the chain on the return train to Newcastle for our connection to Manchester. Back in town after the last train to Bury, my dad picked me up near crumpsall on on my walk back to Bury. I was one of a very few blues from Bury in those days. Met many Sunderland fans after the 2014 final - simply wonderful people.
Spent a lot of time in the North East when Keegan first managed Newcastle. That was a great City tbh but even though Sunderland was a bit of a shithole at the time the majority of people were sound. Usually stayed in Newcastle but had some good nights out in Sunderland ending up at a club called Fino's (I think). Roker Park was known as "Joker Park" by the Geordies and the Mackems were distraught when Bob Murray named the new stadium the Stadium of Light, wasn't hard to guess what the new nickname was going to be.

I don't blow smoke up anybody but in my view when on blob they are the loudest. I have been to Old Firm games and other matches but I think they probably are.
SoL derbies with Newcastle are the best atmospheres going.

Have spent quite a bit of time up there. Newcastle and Sunderland both ok to an outsider but boy do they hate each other. Major operation bussing the Sunderland fans into Newcastle and vice versa.Sunderland much poorer place with generally decent people who really know their football. Would probably say they are the city of the north east and always respected city when we were in the doldrums. Newcastle also fine on the whole to an outsider,know some great ones but can be slightly smug and do have an element of gobby no nothings generally aimed at Sunderland. in that way bit more like United. They're miles better than United though and on the whole quite like them

I well remember going to roker new years eve 1966. We lost 1 0 to a late Bobby Kerr goal. Some pillock pulled the chain on the return train to Newcastle for our connection to Manchester. Back in town after the last train to Bury, my dad picked me up near crumpsall on on my walk back to Bury. I was one of a very few blues from Bury in those days. Met many Sunderland fans after the 2014 final - simply wonderful people.
Bobby Kerr brother George used to play for Bury
Thought I would let you know a bit of useless information lol

Watching City the other night is like watching a different sport to my lot at Sunderland. I hope the long term Maine Road lot are lapping it up.
Thank you for the compliment :).

Certainly am lapping it up!! As others have said, will never forget the years of pain in the late 90s at Maine Road, but this makes up for it.
Hope Sunderland return to the PL soon, your support was magnificent before, during and after the League Cup final - very magnanimous in defeat

Bit of a love-in going on here. Just like to bring you back to reality - Sunderland’s colours are red white and black. Their scarves can easily be mixed up with another team not far from here. Having said that I also want to join the love in because apart from their absolutely awful colour scheme they’re a decent club with great fans.

This thread changes its title quicker than I change my socks !!

I am living the dream, some times I am sat here watching the match and have to remind myself its City !

Like many others have we have been thought the dark times when success was beating the scum. Or getting promoted. Funnily enough in the old days after relegation the very next day I would be out and about with my chest puffed out in my City shirt lol. Mad !. Never once thought about giving up on my City or my Club.
Nowadays when wearing my City gear down here in South East Kent I am more likely to get abuse shouted at me now from plastic dippers and rags. But I take that as a compliment lol.

Now I watch and cant believe how lucky we are, we are living every ( most ) football fans dream. An owner that is great, helps improves the local area , works with local companies, the local NHS, local schools.
An owner with a clear view to improve our club, someone who has brought in the right people to see through his dream and ours as fans.

I hope more clubs like Sunderland can get lucky, I will never forget your fans taking the piss and doing the pozen (spelling ) just after Aguerooooooooo

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.