Messi or Neymar?

It was one game, but this is Messi you're talking about. Best player in the world, arguably one of the best of all time, you know the one.

If he's made available to City then it's blank cheque time. You can cite his work rate from the PSG game, which admittedly was shocking, but that's down to Enrique mostly. He eschews tiki-taka and passing/movement in favor of a more direct back to front approach and generally keeps Messi lurking around the danger zones. Pep would play Messi entirely different.

Of course, it's highly unlikely he goes anywhere, but the financial constraints on Barcelona are starting to show and will only get worse if a new manager comes along with a list of demands for signings.

Wrong. He has been walking for a couple of years.
Barcelona will sell because they know it is the right time.
12 years .60 games a year has taken its toll.
I am not basing anything on one game.

I Have watched him plenty Live over his career. I know how good he is.

And I'm saying his perceived lack of effort is Enrique's fault (due to how they use him) and he has plenty left in the tank.

I don't think they'll sell him, but if they do then expect every big club to line up, City included, and tell Barca to name their price.

He's definitely not finished, that's just ridiculous.

Think he needs to playing further back like Silva is currently doing.

Barcelona will sell because they know it is the right time.
12 years .60 games a year has taken its toll.
I am not basing anything on one game.

I Have watched him plenty Live over his career. I know how good he is.
The whole team have been walking now for about 18 months and that includes Rakitic, Suarez and Alba who are about as hard working as it gets. Enrique doesn't play high pressing possession football, he prefers them to break from deep and play direct when the front 3 have space.

I always go with the younger star. Not coz anything is guaranteed. But I like when the numbers are in my favor.

id have a one legged, one armed messi if he was available! i dont believe for one second hes finished. hes played a lot of games yes but i dont recall him having too many serious injuries?

i dont watch a hell of alot of barca, maybe its the managers tactics or maybe he has gone a bit stale at barca i dont know, but you cant judge him on last nights performance surely. i think he does walk around quite a bit and has done for the last few seasons but give him a yard and BANG, hes killed you with a goal or a mazy run and an assist.
hes a fooking genius ffs! but i would have my doubts if he could perform on a cold wet night in stoke :-)

i would shoot in my y-fronts if he came to city!

I am not questioning his match winning ability. What I am saying is that by spending 200 mil on 3 top quality defenders instead of Messi. We have an incredible wealth of young forward talent. We have 17 yr olds who are also going to be fantastic. We can terrorise Europe without Messi.
We Just need a couple of full backs and a defensive midfielder.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.