Messi or Ronaldo?

Messi, more of a team player.

Messi just scores goals naturally, as part of the team, whereas Ronaldo seems to be on a one man, personally motivated mission to just score as many goals as he can. Madrid benefit of course, but that seems to me just to be a by-product of Ronaldo's desperation to score more than Messi.

Akai said:
I will take Ronaldo to be honest, he's proven in PL, national team and in La Liga.

Sorry what has he proved international??

If anyone watches Real Madrid they have 1 tactic and 1 tactic only give the ball to Ronaldo when he is off his game they all look lost

With our current squad of players I'd say Ronaldo because we don't have anyone to compliment AJ on the left whereas we have David Silva and Tevez in the middle.

Cristiano Ronaldo; He can carry a team, and can score goals from distance, headers, free kicks. In the current Barca team he would have 60 goals by now.
Benjani would score 37 goals by January with Pedro, Iniesta, Xavi and Villa behind him.

Most Argentinians don't rate Messi, and refer to him as the 'Spaniard', as he is very one dimensional as a footballer, only able to function in the Tiki Taka style that Barca and Spain have exhibited in recent years.

really difficult... think messi has more technical ability but would have tranny purely because he has proved it at united and madrid. no doubt messi is a great world class player, but he needs to prove it somewhere else in his career imo to be put down as an all time great, although i doubt he will as he will never leave barca

supercity36 said:
really difficult... think messi has more technical ability but would have tranny purely because he has proved it at united and madrid. no doubt messi is a great world class player, but he needs to prove it somewhere else in his career imo to be put down as an all time great, although i doubt he will as he will never leave barca

So by your thinking Paolo Maldini isnt an all time great because he only played for 1 club.

il padrino said:
Cristiano Ronaldo; He can carry a team, and can score goals from distance, headers, free kicks. In the current Barca team he would have 60 goals by now.
Benjani would score 37 goals by January with Pedro, Iniesta, Xavi and Villa behind him.

Most Argentinians don't rate Messi, and refer to him as the 'Spaniard', as he is very one dimensional as a footballer, only able to function in the Tiki Taka style that Barca and Spain have exhibited in recent years.

Interesting.

I think Ronaldo is a more complete player... he has the agility and the technique but he's 6 foot plus and built to bounce defenders off him.

He's been the PL top goalscorer from midfield and is now doing it week in week out in Madrid.

Messi has and probably never will prove he can do it in a team that isn't streets ahead of everyone else.

So, for me, Ronaldo.

GStar said:
il padrino said:

Interesting.

I think Ronaldo is a more complete player... he has the agility and the technique but he's 6 foot plus and built to bounce defenders off him.

He's been the PL top goalscorer from midfield and is now doing it week in week out in Madrid.

Midfield? Come on. By that point he was playing in a fluid front 3 of him, Tevez and Rooney. Most of the time he was in the middle, with Rooney on the left.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.