Messi tax fraud implications

johnmc said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
deano ou812 said:
If and it's a big if,Messi decided to leave imo it would be the premier league,the french league has punched above it's weight with the silva,ibra,cavani and falcao signings,but i suppose if the likes of psg threw silly money at barca and messi then anythings possible...
He's already turned down PSG. And I strongly suspect Barca shopped him to the tax people to keep him in Spain for a while.

If he turned down PSG it suggests barca wanted to do business. If barca shopped him to keep him there it suggests they don't want to do business.

If Rosell told the bartender at his favourite bar in Barcelona who my brother met today that Messi would probably leave Barcelona next year it suggests they want to do business.

Prestwich_Blue said:
deano ou812 said:
If and it's a big if,Messi decided to leave imo it would be the premier league,the french league has punched above it's weight with the silva,ibra,cavani and falcao signings,but i suppose if the likes of psg threw silly money at barca and messi then anythings possible...
He's already turned down PSG. And I strongly suspect Barca shopped him to the tax people to keep him in Spain for a while.
Interesting if he did become available as already mentioned only a handful of clubs could afford him,just wonder if it would turn into a bidding war,or as i stated someone throws silly money at barca say like £250mill..

Cant see it happening - if Cavani is 63 Ronaldo is 80 then Messi will easily clear 100M - just not going to happen at those numbers

dctid said:
Cant see it happening - if Cavani is 63 Ronaldo is 80 then Messi will easily clear 100M - just not going to happen at those numbers

Messi is a huge exception though.

We not talking about just a top player, we are arguably talking about the greatest there has ever been.

Can you imagine how big Manchester City as a name would be around the world, not just for the present but for the future as well.

Messi would be a huge investment, but it's an investment that would take the clubs brand to the highest level, I am pretty sure Mansour would want that for the club.

Not forgetting how much stronger he would make us a team, him and Kun??? Wow.

Saif1994 said:
No chance of this happening unless Barcelona well and truly collapse this season. Knowing Messi, he loves the club too much and would still want to stay and fight. If anything, it would be very sad for whatever reason to see him leave the club.
Unmitigated twaddle<br /><br />-- Mon Jul 22, 2013 12:49 am --<br /><br />
dctid said:
How do you work that out?

sam-caddick said:
dctid said:

We not talking about just a top player, we are arguably talking about the greatest there has ever been.

Can you imagine how big Manchester City as a name would be around the world, not just for the present but for the future as well.

Messi would be a huge investment, but it's an investment that would take the clubs brand to the highest level, I am pretty sure Mansour would want that for the club.

There has to be a financail payback and i cant see where it would be at those numbers. Its clear that our owners a moving our club to a much more self sustaining model be that because of FFFP or just general good practive who knows. 100M would put us back to where we were two years ago. If we could get a sponsor to give us 25M a year to sponsir something then maybe but shirt sales alone wont be good enough

Personally i like what Dortmund and to a lesser extent Bayern have been doing

SWP's back said:
Saif1994 said:
No chance of this happening unless Barcelona well and truly collapse this season. Knowing Messi, he loves the club too much and would still want to stay and fight. If anything, it would be very sad for whatever reason to see him leave the club.
Unmitigated twaddle

-- Mon Jul 22, 2013 12:49 am --

dctid said:

Because "Caught offside" reckon were about to bid £103million :) ;)

SWP's back said:
Saif1994 said:
Unmitigated twaddle

-- Mon Jul 22, 2013 12:49 am --

dctid said:

So whats you value of the best player in the world if the second best was valued at and bought for 80 Million some years ago.

Whilst ultimately the price is determined by what other clubs are prepared to pay if PSG are prepared to pay 56M for Cavani, Chelski 50M for Torres then clarly Messi would be valued more. Messi's buy out fucking clause is greater than the GDP of some countries.

How much would you value Messi if you were the Barca prssie?

dctid said:
sam-caddick said:
dctid said:

There has to be a financail payback and i cant see where it would be at those numbers. Its clear that our owners a moving our club to a much more self sustaining model be that because of FFFP or just general good practive who knows. 100M would put us back to where we were two years ago. If we could get a sponsor to give us 25M a year to sponsir something then maybe but shirt sales alone wont be good enough

shirt sales for Messi alone would cover his transfer fee in a year, his image rights and a new deal with Nike would virtually cover his wages.

VOOMER said:
dctid said:
sam-caddick said:

shirt sales for Messi alone would cover his transfer fee in a year, his image rights and a new deal with Nike would virtually cover his wages.

Shirt sales would not cover it - we would have to sell almost a million to cover a transfer fee of 50 Million at £60 each - agree about a new deal which is what i was eluding too when i said if we can find a new sponsor not sure Nike would be happy though but that would be more realistic

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.