Messi vs Ronaldo

slightly different players.

Ronaldo - pace & power - excellent for counter attacking football. RM don't really play slow build up football.

Messi - very clever player, nimble and movement is excellent. Great for the Barca style footy. He would fit in well with the way we play.

In a nutshell we need them both. One for Plan A and one for Plan B

citizen07 said:
Messi's style suits barca, therefore he is in a way more effective than tranny. But put him in a team that has a different playing style, then he is more or less an average player (ie Argentina national team). Tranny on the other hand has played in 3 different set ups and has been effective in all 3 (rags, madrid and portugal) so i say tranny for me. I still hate the greasy **** though ;)

Average? You not watched Messi for Argentina recently?

And to be honest, the Premier League is the most overrated league in the world.

And as someone has said regarding Messi needing Xavi and Iniesta....., well Ronaldo had more assists from Ozil and Di Maria than Messi did from Iniesta and Xavi; Messi literally carried Barcelona last season, Ronaldo didn't carry Madrid.

Messi no doubt, just to see how he'd do over here.

I imagine he'd do rather well.

But yeah, let's sign them both.

Ronaldo is a more complete player to me, plus his proven he can play in different leagues vs messi just barca. Plus I believe without Inesta and Xavi messi woulD not do anything.

Messi is the best player in the world whilst Ronaldo is a chicken-necked, winking, diving, drama-queen, tranny wanker of the highest order...

...guess who I want to play for City!

Kun Aguero said:
Ronaldo, call me a rag all you want but he is, more skillful, quicker, better in the air, works harder, Aguero would get close to Messi's total with Xavi and Iniesta behind him.
Messi%252BWorld%252BPlayer%252Bof%252Bthe%252BYear%252B2011.jpg

dan.j.mcfc said:
They're both better than any other footballer walking the face of this earth by a million miles.

Messi last season....apps-60 goals-73 assists-29

Ronaldo last season....apps-55 goals-60

How anybody can say Iniesta deserves to be credited as the best footballer in Europe is just fucking insane.

Bollocks. Iniesta has been a superb player for years now. MOTM in the 2009 CL final against Man United, where Ronaldo was cack, key role in Spain's World Cup win (including the winning goal in the final), and player of the tournament in Euro 2012. He deserves that award. Of course he doesn't get the goals Ronaldo and Messi do, but goals aren't the be all and end all in football. Iniesta is a genius, his contribution to a team is something few players can do. Ronaldo doesn't have half the footballing brain he has.

This Messi can't play without Xavi and Iniesta is the biggest myth in existance, spouted by Ronaldo fan boys and Real supporters. Ronaldo gets a lot more goals set up by Ozil and Di Maria, then Messi from Xavi and Iniesta. Infact Xavi and Iniesta get more goals set up by Messi, then he does from assists by them.

kanovic said:
Ronaldo is a more complete player to me, plus his proven he can play in different leagues vs messi just barca. Plus I believe without Inesta and Xavi messi woulD not do anything.

More complete player? The only thing Ronaldo has over Messi is heading and strength, which is obvious, because he's much taller; Messi has dribbling, vision, finishing, passing, control, technique, creativity. I would rather have Messi's game than Ronaldo's.

And Messi isn't anything without Xavi and Iniesta? Messi had 8 assists from Xavi and Iniesta in the 2010-11 season.... and less in the 2011-12 season.... whereas, Ronaldo had 20 assists from Ozil and Di maria in the 2010-11 and more last season. And.... Messi setup Xavi and Iniesta more than they did for him.

And I'm sure Messi could handle the Premier League quite fine, which is an overrated league to begin with.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.