Messi

A A

Anonymous

Written something for the Cutter about why I think Messi's going to end up at City and why I think they're already getting ready to sell him.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.thedaisycutter.co.uk/2013/05/are-barcelona-preparing-for-life-without-leo/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.thedaisycutter.co.uk/2013/05 ... thout-leo/</a>

I said, somewhat tongue-in-cheek, a month or so back within a thread whose title I can't remember that I was convinced Messi was on his way. It was ridiculed by some guy whose username I can't recall, but if the laws of physics allow it, then everything is possible!

Good read mate! Are Zab and Sergio really his best mates? Didn't know that haha!

Now about your theory. I'm really not convinced he will leave Barcelona. He said in an interview that he will never play for another club in Europe and I actually believe him. He owes quite a lot to that team and I can't see him leaving any time soon. He's also said that he has barely talked with Pep since he left, so I don't think he will want to follow him (if he comes here in the future).

It's hard to imagine a Barcelona team without him in it though, I'm so used to seeing him win games for them that it feels, like they will battle for 3rd spot if he left..

Good read Billy, I'm 99% sure Messi will never leave Barca, but genuinely believe (as per your comments) that if he ever did, then we would be favourites, he's a big fan of Oasis too which can't do us any harm either.

Dirty Harry said:
Good read Billy, I'm 99% sure Messi will never leave Barca, but genuinely believe (as per your comments) that if he ever did, then we would be favourites, he's a big fan of Oasis too which can't do us any harm either.

He has also been having English lessons on and off for about four years now. I understand why people think it's impossible for him to leave Barca ... I've just got a feeling that it won't be down to Barca but up to the player. Messi wields so much power. If he were to say "i want to try the premier league", and there was a club willing to pay his value, it'd be difficult for Barca to stand in his way after everything he's done for that club already.

I reckon within three years he will be wearing the blue shirt once Pep signs on with Trixie he will join and our income will go through the roof (if we have one by then given the expansion plans).

BillyShears said:
Dirty Harry said:

He has also been having English lessons on and off for about four years now. I understand why people think it's impossible for him to leave Barca ... I've just got a feeling that it won't be down to Barca but up to the player. Messi wields so much power. If he were to say "i want to try the premier league", and there was a club willing to pay his value, it'd be difficult for Barca to stand in his way after everything he's done for that club already.

Barca are in debt and Messi will go for £200m (buyout)n most likely, if it happens they can clear off a chunk of the debt in one go and they will have Neymar anyway.

I like the cut of your jib ;)

2-3 years will see us as big as anyone commercially and players like Messi will be well within reach.

blueinsa said:
2-3 years will see us as big as anyone commercially and players like Messi will be well within reach.

If we go for him, or if he leaves, it will be this summer next at the latest imho. After that his value falls.

Remember, this is all profit for Barca.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.