Mesut Özil

HellasLEAF said:
Ozil with the Rags is a sickening thought. I'd rather buy and bench him then see him go there!

I couldn't care less, you have to be realistic and realise that as much as we want them to roll over and die, that they are still a long way off doing so. The rags won't just stop buying decent players, ok it may take a season or two to save up the cash, but in reality they will buy players who we would love to see at city. Ozil is fantastic but if he ends up there so be it, we can't just buy every decent Ayer so he doesn't sign for someone else.

not my fault! said:
HellasLEAF said:
Ozil with the Rags is a sickening thought. I'd rather buy and bench him then see him go there!

I couldn't care less, you have to be realistic and realise that as much as we want them to roll over and die, that they are still a long way off doing so. The rags won't just stop buying decent players, ok it may take a season or two to save up the cash, but in reality they will buy players who we would love to see at city. Ozil is fantastic but if he ends up there so be it, we can't just buy every decent Ayer so he doesn't sign for someone else.

true enough. he's no flash in the pan though he is the read deal imo. The German/Turkish David Silva if you will. Very similar talents.

Dont understand why we dont seem to be in for this lad,we should be looking at the best young talent and this lad is certainly that.
His name has been linked to us quite a lot in the past just dont get why it isnt now,he could be one of the best.

The fact that alot of people on here compare going for this player to going for james milner just highlights the overwhelming lack of football knowledge on this forum nowadays.

According to the rags, Silva will flop because he's too lightweight for the prem, yet they're wanking themselves over Ozil.

Sense.

Werder Bremen admitted that "anything is possible" regarding Özil's transfer....(but the player preferred Chelsea and the Rags! ;()

Premier League clubs - believed to be Manchester United, Chelsea and Arsenal - hoping to sign Werder Bremen playmaker Mesut Ozil have received a boost after Werder Bremen admitted that "anything is possible" regarding the player's future.

The Germany midfielder was a revelation at the recent World Cup in South Africa, his performances earning a nomination for the Golden Ball award and a host of top clubs chasing his signature.

But with the 21-year-old only having one year remaining on his current deal, his immediate future remains unclear, with Bremen thought to be demanding around £20 million for his services.

Ozil recently revealed that he was focussing only on completing the final 12 months of his current contract at the Weserstadion.

However, general manager Klaus Allofs - while insisting that no bids have yet been made - refused to rule out the possibility of the starlet leaving the club should a significant offer come in from the likes of Sir Alex Ferguson or Carlo Ancelotti.

"Many clubs have expressed an interest in him, but no concrete offers have been made,” Allofs told Bild.

"If we get an offer, we will deal with it and anything is possible.”

Ozil is reportedly desperate to play his football in the Premier League and has been linked with moves to Old Trafford and Stamford Bridge.

He admitted earlier this summer that moving to England would be a dream.

"There are four or five clubs in Europe that you would have to say as a player you would dream of playing for,” he said. "Manchester United and Chelsea are two of them.

"When you are looking at moving clubs it’s impossible not to pay attention to the Premier League and even more impossible not to pay attention to Manchester United and Chelsea.

"I am a winner and, when looking for a new club, I simply look at where I can be successful and where I can win the most trophies.

"If you look at recent history of Manchester United and Chelsea then it's clear that a player can be very successful there.”

Ferguson is thought to consider Ozil as an ideal successor to Paul Scholes at Old Trafford, with both Owen Hargreaves and Anderson sidelined through injury.

While midfield trio Michael Ballack, Joe Cole and Juliano Belletti all left Chelsea at the end of last season. Carlo Ancelotti is hoping to bring Benfica's Brazilian Ramires to Stamford Bridge in the near future.

By James Martini

<a class="postlink" href="http://fourfourtwo.com/news/england/60645/default.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://fourfourtwo.com/news/england/60645/default.aspx</a>

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.