Mesut Özil

supercrystal7 said:
Stats can be manipulated. He is no where near the same player he used to be. He does not dribble and his form since his injury last season was very poor. He needs a move, because I don't think there is any chance he is going to regain his form at Arsenal.

Yes stats can be manipulated but if you look them up they are not manipulated. I don't know how you can say he is nowhere near the player he used to be when his stats at Arsenal are basically the same as they were at Madrid.

Ozil is very similar to Silva and signing him would allow Silva more rest and the team would look better in attack with Silva out. Looking at the CSKA game yesterday for all the possession City had they didn't really have much of an attacking threat.

That said, I don't think City will sign Ozil and the rumor that Pellegrini wants Ozil is probably rubbish but saying Ozil is crap and City shouldn't sign him for 3.2 million is a little ridiculous

Sitka said:
supercrystal7 said:
Stats can be manipulated. He is no where near the same player he used to be. He does not dribble and his form since his injury last season was very poor. He needs a move, because I don't think there is any chance he is going to regain his form at Arsenal.

Yes stats can be manipulated but if you look them up they are not manipulated. I don't know how you can say he is nowhere near the player he used to be when his stats at Arsenal are basically the same as they were at Madrid.

Ozil is very similar to Silva and signing him would allow Silva more rest and the team would look better in attack with Silva out. Looking at the CSKA game yesterday for all the possession City had they didn't really have much of an attacking threat.

That said, I don't think City will sign Ozil and the rumor that Pellegrini wants Ozil is probably rubbish but saying Ozil is crap and City shouldn't sign him for 3.2 million is a little ridiculous
Stats just don't tell the whole story. Ozil is not that similar to SIlva. Silva dictates play more, but Ozil is more decisive and though technically not a better dribbler, he can dribble better due to being much faster than SIlva.

Ozil is not going to move to a club to be second fiddle to Silva.

You can just watch him play and see how poor he has been ever since the start of the year. Whatever the stats are doe not change this. Before the Villa game he had like one assist in his last 10 PL games. He had a poor world cup too.

supercrystal7 said:
Sitka said:
supercrystal7 said:

Stats just don't tell the whole story. Ozil is not that similar to SIlva. Silva dictates play more, but Ozil is more decisive and though technically not a better dribbler, he can dribble better due to being much faster than SIlva.

Ozil is not going to move to a club to be second fiddle to Silva.

You can just watch him play and see how poor he has been ever since the start of the year. Whatever the stats are doe not change this. Before the Villa game he had like one assist in his last 10 PL games. He had a poor world cup too.

Özil was great until his last season in Madrid. Apart from his last weeks there when he seemed to get form again that year already was not on the level of the years before. What happened or what changed in his life? You never know what influences this guys have. Some say too much night life etc. and his lifestyle would be the problem. Some incidents lately e.g. the chat protokoll Lell published of a conversation Özil had with Lell's exgirlfriend (Özil's girlfriend because of that moved out) tell that he is used to have hangovers from too much drinking. When this happens in the most important time of a season (April) that ain't really professional. (I do not believe in saints, but...)

What you have to know about him - he is not a midfield general - he is an artist. When he is onto it he can make a good team perform great - but he will be the first that drowns when a ship goes down.

He is speedy but he does not live from his speed.

I am not sure if the EPL is made for him. The available space should be a meal for him. But the physicality is something that is nothing for him as he does not go in and fight. Your team lacks movement - but it is exactly that movement that he can use better than most.

I do not need what he needs to get back into it. Sometimes I think everybody packs him into cotton wool - maybe it would be better if he would fall a little so you could see if he really has it to fight himself back into it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.