Mesut Özil

I actually rate him higher before his Real Madrid days. I mean he was great at RM too but he was among other great players. But when he was at Bremen and playing for under 21s Germany and senior squad, he looked a class above everyone around him. The euro under 21s tournament which Germany was the real sign of things to come from him. He really shone in that competition. He was class and intelligent in the semis and finals. I think Germany beat England with Milner 4-0 in the final. And the 2010 World Cup. He was phenomenal pulling the strings for the German team.

I don't know why he is in such poor form. Maybe he is just best playing in a fast counter attacking team like 2010 Germany and mourinho's RM.

Larry Stranger said:
At first I thought like many and said no. However thinking it over it does bring a little logic bringing him in January. Yaya going to AFCON and Lampard to NYCFC we need somebody. Now I'm not saying play him in Yaya's position, but you can play Fernandinho and Fernando in the CM and play Ozil in the 10 spot with Silva and Miler on the wings. Both Fernandinho and Fernando aren't great at passing and knowing Pellegrini he likes to keep possession. I could see Ozil dropping back when we play out the back to bring the ball up. One thing Ozil is good at is possession and passing. He and Silva could link up and Ozil would be another threat to slip a through ball to the striker. In a 4-4-2 he could play as an inverted winger. The thing that is a worry is his work rate and defending though.

Ozil may be worse than nasri at defensive work. I mean silva is already a liability at this area so we would be really exposed on the flanks with silva and ozil. I rather Milner or even nasri for better defending , even taking into account ozil's intelligent attacking game.

Metro now reporting that Ozil wants a move to City and is ready to agree terms for a Jan move?

Mesut Ozil wants to quit Arsenal in January and make Manchester City transfer

<a class="postlink" href="http://metro.co.uk/2014/10/25/mesut-ozil-wants-to-quit-arsenal-in-january-and-make-manchester-city-transfer-4920889/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://metro.co.uk/2014/10/25/mesut-ozi ... r-4920889/</a>

Metro Sport Reporter for Metro.co.ukSaturday 25 Oct 2014 10:19 am

Mesut Ozil wants to leave Arsenal in January and join Manchester City in a £32million deal, according to reports.

Ozil has been subject of intense speculation in recent weeks, with City believed to be lining up a move for him in the new year.

And while the Gunners do want to keep hold of their record signing, Spanish news website Fichajes reports that Ozil is keen on leaving for City.

It’s claimed that he’s extremely open to the idea of switching to the Emirates Stadium and would quickly agree terms on a deal if a fee was sorted with Arsenal.

St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
bluechampion7891 said:
The only Arsenal players worth getting at this moment are:
1) Sanchez
2) Ramsey
3) oh wait rest are shit

Id buy Walcott tomorrow. He is a game changer and stretches defences no end

We fucked up not getting him last time when his contract was nearly up!

richards30 said:
St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
bluechampion7891 said:
The only Arsenal players worth getting at this moment are:
1) Sanchez
2) Ramsey
3) oh wait rest are shit

Id buy Walcott tomorrow. He is a game changer and stretches defences no end

We fucked up not getting him last time when his contract was nearly up!

injured too much. As a replacement for Navas I wouldnt say no, but as a starter I have my doubts

Ozil?????? please tell me this is some vague news being hyped up by the press over there. What the hell is he going to add to our team , on the other hand what i would do to have a player like Sanchez or Di maria.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.