Metal detecting and finds

I got a metal detector not long ago without realising you're only really allowed to do it on beaches in Ireland. You have to apply for permission otherwise and all valuable finds go to the State.

It's incredible considering a lot of finds end up in cupboards in museums and are then sold on the private market anyway.

In this neck of the woods i'm probably more likely to find something I probably don't want to find anyway. This was found up the road not long ago:

As this woman found out, luckily noone was hurt but it must have been a bugger cleaning up after.

As this woman found out, luckily noone was hurt but it must have been a bugger cleaning up after.

Having seen the pic in that story I can get why nobody guessed it was a grenade. Point taken!!

Interesting read and voted for as requested!!!

Must be an amazing feeling to be the first person to have touched something in nearly 1500 years!! Having said that, I have relatives whose hands haven't been in their pockets to buy a round for a seemingly similar amount of time!!!
Worsleyweb hasn't touched his other halfs privates in 1500yrs allegedly.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.