Metrolink fine.

Yes we both tapped in with the metrolink staff hand devices and tapped out at the same terminal stand at the Etihad. I'm going to ring them tomorrow and state that this is not his issue if he has been informed by staff at the start of his journey that his card has been accepted and demand that he is refunded the fine amount minus the fare he should have paid.

2 other lads that travelled with us also were charged the normal fare and then fined £45 the next day for not starting their journeys.

Looks to me like there putting employees on the line to tell customers that there cards have been accepted when they haven't then there conveniently finning u the next day.

Certainly won't be using trams again.
Don’t be daft!

So you both did exactly the same thing, had your journey started by the metrolink staff and both ended by tapping out? But only one of you is being fined? Is that right?

If so, explain that they have evidence of you both tapping out within seconds of each other and clearly there’s a problem their end with the tapping in on just one of the cards.

What confuses me is that surely if you hadn’t tapped in and then believed you were tapping out then wouldn’t it just record as a tap in and charge an uncompleted journey incurring the max single Adult price of £4.60?
This is what I don’t understand.

Must be very unlucky, I feel like a moron paying when I use it which isnt that often as every time I seem to be the only person on the entire tram who actually pays for the fucking thing!

That doesn’t make sense , when you tap and don’t tap the other end you just get a full fair charge ,I do it all the time (forget to tap out ) they don’t know whether your coming or going ?
Your tap at the stadium could have just been a tap in and you would then get a full fair for charge not tapping out ,
I could be wrong but I’m sure they don’t have the facilities to tap you in themselves tbh , just a machine to check that you have taped in, which they normally pretend to check but can’t be arsed and just go through the motions . (Which I think they have done with you ) but how they know you are not starting your journey at your tap is beyond me.

I’m assuming they finished the stop to stop ticket as people were just putting them in their baskets and not buying unless the inspectors got on?

*coughs*

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.