"Metrolink puts tram service on for football and music fans"

I would genuinely use public transport if I could buy one cheap ticket that grants me access to any bus/tram/train (like what you get in London).

That ticket has been available for years. It’s a one day off peak ticket though. Don’t think there is a peak version or weekly.

Was about a tenner last time I bought one.

That ticket has been available for years. It’s a one day off peak ticket though. Don’t think there is a peak version or weekly.

Was about a tenner last time I bought one.
I'm not aware of a ticket that is available across all modes of transport. We have the bee network ticket that you can use on various buses today, but the ticket would not be valid on local trains/metrolink.

I also think £10 to use public transport is crazy! £5 would be fairer (if not still quite steep).

I'm not aware of a ticket that is available across all modes of transport. We have the bee network ticket that you can use on various buses today, but the ticket would not be valid on local trains/metrolink.

I also think £10 to use public transport is crazy! £5 would be fairer (if not still quite steep).

I can guarantee it did exist at least, as I’ve bought one a few times in the past. Last time, maybe about a year ago.

Value depends on how much you use it I suppose. A single off peak train journey in GM can cost you over £7 these days. So it could soon mount up to well over a tenner if you were adding a couple of bus and tram trips on top.

Article on the MEN this morning in relation to why more trams can't be made available during our matches. They make it sound slightly plausible but still has a hint of the whiff of bullshit about it to me.

Article on the MEN this morning in relation to why more trams can't be made available during our matches. They make it sound slightly plausible but still has a hint of the whiff of bullshit about it to me.
Yeah - no more room on the network.

The club need to pay to get more trains before 6.30pm in reality.

If they can't come up with a solution to help us then don't fuck about with restrictions.

It's not hard really.

A train station is needed end of story, why are MCC and MCFC not talking to Mr Burnham about this? In the short term, Manchester City could show what their fans mean to them by buying a fleet of buses and using them to shuttle people to specific transport hubs in the City like a park and rides.

Imagine the sponsorship opportunity if you had buses running around Manchester from the Stadium and COOP live where details are plastered all over it.

The same buses could be used for Man City away games as well

1706007593785.png

Last edited:
If they can't come up with a solution to help us then don't fuck about with restrictions.

It's not hard really.
When they designed and developed the metrolink, why was the fact there would be thousands of fans going to and from the Etihad not considered.
Now they decide to build a fucking arena there as well knowing full well the service is shite. But no that's not enough, let's stop every fucker from using their car as well. Absolute farce. Gob smacked by it all.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.