Metrolink to / from Etihad

Will always be Warwick Road as far as I am concerned, 'Trafford Bar' what the hell is that?
The road approaching the tram was renamed Brian Statham Way couple of decades ago, so the name was defunct anyway.

The trams should have been much improved today with the recent reintroduction of the Media City - Etihad shuttle service.
However, they screwed up today by only deploying single trams on said service, leading to severe overcrowding and extended queues.
They seem to manage to get double trams on the Deansgate - Trafford Centre route when the Scum are playing at home, so why can't they manage it on Media City - Etihad for City home matches?

The trams should have been much improved today with the recent reintroduction of the Media City - Etihad shuttle service.
However, they screwed up today by only deploying single trams on said service, leading to severe overcrowding and extended queues.
They seem to manage to get double trams on the Deansgate - Trafford Centre route when the Scum are playing at home, so why can't they manage it on Media City - Etihad for City home matches?

I give up with metrolink. Whoever is the operations manager should fuck off and manage a toy train set. We have a fast effective tram system but don't utilise it properly. At the moment we have the Ashton tram and I think the Eccles tram that goes to the stadium. They also put the odd special on, though I haven't seen many. We have the Altrincham tram that goes into Piccadilly station, why can't it carry on to the stadium and then turn around? Same with any Bury trams that run into Piccadilly station. They only have to run them to the ground from 12-3 pm going and 5-7 coming back. Instead of making it easy they make it chaotic and the trams are dangerously overcrowded as a result.

I give up with metrolink. Whoever is the operations manager should fuck off and manage a toy train set. We have a fast effective tram system but don't utilise it properly. At the moment we have the Ashton tram and I think the Eccles tram that goes to the stadium. They also put the odd special on, though I haven't seen many. We have the Altrincham tram that goes into Piccadilly station, why can't it carry on to the stadium and then turn around? Same with any Bury trams that run into Piccadilly station. They only have to run them to the ground from 12-3 pm going and 5-7 coming back. Instead of making it easy they make it chaotic and the trams are dangerously overcrowded as a result.
Same here. Going to just pay for parking at £6 or £8 unless they bring in something that works. Stops me spending money at the bar too.

Same here. Going to just pay for parking at £6 or £8 unless they bring in something that works. Stops me spending money at the bar too.

It really is an horrendous experience on matchdays and not very safe. I'm surprised given we have quite a few elderly fans that more haven't suffered medical emergencies in the overcrowding and heat.

It really is an horrendous experience on matchdays and not very safe. I'm surprised given we have quite a few elderly fans that more haven't suffered medical emergencies in the overcrowding and heat.
Game ran over a little yesterday first tram to Ashton left half empty just before game finished second one left just after final whistle half empty then 25 minute wait for next one packed, would it not be an idea to have held first two until full then let them go or does that need to much thinking about.

The Trams must have a limit as to how many people they can carry safely and IF they do have a limit then that must be exceeded on match days…. I walk to and from town but the sight of people crammed in the trams that come past on my walk shout ‘accident waiting to happen’.

The Trams must have a limit as to how many people they can carry safely and IF they do have a limit then that must be exceeded on match days…. I walk to and from town but the sight of people crammed in the trams that come past on my walk shout ‘accident waiting to happen’.
Public health risk too, great for infections spreading.

Game ran over a little yesterday first tram to Ashton left half empty just before game finished second one left just after final whistle half empty then 25 minute wait for next one packed, would it not be an idea to have held first two until full then let them go or does that need to much thinking about.

The whole organisation just smacks of a "We don't care" attitude. Instead of thinking, "Right we have 54,000 people attending an event at one location. We need to move as many of these people as swiftly and safely as possibly to and from the venue. That means adding extra capacity and tweaking our existing services, so trams going into Piccadilly station run through to the stadium and then turn around." they don't. They just run the normal service that is fine on non match days but not fit for purpose on a match day.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.