Metrolink to / from Etihad

I walked into Town after the game today, after Thursday night being stood on the platform for 25 minutes before a Met turned up.

Why is there such a bit gap between Mets turning up and heading into the Town? Aren’t Mets supposed to be every 12 minutes?

Service is so inconsistent… that only comes from poor organisation.

I’d suggest parking a bit further away. I park near ashburys train station for free and get out no problem.
Will give those sides a go next time, cheers. Usually go near the cemetery or past towards Bank Street if we drive, but with the earlier kick off we were cutting a bit fine today and all the usual spots were rammed so Asda was last ditch. Home now thankfully!

For those complaining about single tram service on the way to the ground today it was just as shit on the single tram service on the way home.
After a long wait at the Etihad the return journey was better, even an empty double unit from Piccadilly back to Altrincham. Doesn’t excuse this organisations incompetence and lack of regard for their customers.

Metrolink are not fit for purpose.

If you’d like to take it direct, you can message Danny, the head of Metrolink, via LinkedIn:

Today was dangerous and an absolute fucking joke. There has to be answers.
Young girl on my overcrowded single unit from Altrincham actually fainted in the crush and had to leave the tram at Warwick Road (Old Toilet). Will they wait until a fatality before they start running the organisation in a professional manner?

This should be the club's job. They need to ensure that there are sufficient methods of transport to get 55,000 people to and from the match.
I agree 100% stop criticising your customers and sort out the problems we, the fans, have been banging on about for years.

I agree 100% stop criticising your customers and sort out the problems we, the fans, have been banging on about for years.
You can’t expect the club to sort out problems with public transport! The council chose the site of our stadium, designed the transport infrastructure, and gets all the government funding and statutory powers to run it.

All the club can do is say to them that they’d like a better setup, but in that the club is in the same position as the rest of us.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.