Metrolink to the stadium

More off-peak fares as promised.

Shaw and Crompton to Etihad £4.90
Shaw and Crompton to Central Park or Monsall, whichever is preferred, £3.60
The latter involves a walk but will cut out the messing around at Piccadilly.

Trams from Oldham [same service] will cost less than the above.

toofaraway said:
When walking to Eastlands from Piccadilly Railway Station I have always walked down to Ducie Street and then joined the canal until Great Ancoats and then onto Pollard Street. Is there a quicker route to/from the station and can you walk along the Metrolink route? Even saving 5 minutes would help.

Leave Piccadilly by the other exit(past all the shops and down the escalators),take your first left up Travis Street(opposite the star and garter),walk up to the junction of Great Ancoats Street(you can safe five minutes by cutting through the little trading estate on your right to get on to Great Ancoats a bit further down),turn right and then your first left on to Every Street,walk straight up and your pretty much there. I reckon it's a good 10-15 minutes quicker than going up the canal,not as nice mind,due to the traffic.

pinkwheeltrim said:
toofaraway said:
When walking to Eastlands from Piccadilly Railway Station I have always walked down to Ducie Street and then joined the canal until Great Ancoats and then onto Pollard Street. Is there a quicker route to/from the station and can you walk along the Metrolink route? Even saving 5 minutes would help.

Leave Piccadilly by the other exit(past all the shops and down the escalators),take your first left up Travis Street(opposite the star and garter),walk up to the junction of Great Ancoats Street(you can safe five minutes by cutting through the little trading estate on your right to get on to Great Ancoats a bit further down),turn right and then your first left on to Every Street,walk straight up and your pretty much there. I reckon it's a good 10-15 minutes quicker than going up the canal,not as nice mind,due to the traffic.

Thanks for your reply I will try out this route next home game (Wigan I think)

The cookie monster said:
Up and running next Monday from Ashton

Several months ahead of schedule.

Where have you got this from? According to TFGM the first tram from Ashton will be 2 days later, 1st tram:

05:59 Wednesday 9th October 2013

Carver said:
The cookie monster said:

Where have you got this from? According to TFGM the first tram from Ashton will be 2 days later, 1st tram:

Sorry mate your right the 9th it is,was only 2 days out :)
Good news anyway that it ready this early.

The cookie monster said:
Carver said:
The cookie monster said:

Sorry mate your right the 9th it is,was only 2 days out :)
Good news anyway that it ready this early.

Ah, just found the news release off TFGM, they are running from Monday but with no passengers, probably just to sort out the final timings and make sure that the scheduling is 100% spot on.

We just need to stop people driving down the line outside New charter opposite Ikea.

It won't be until Norwich on 2nd Nov then CSKA Moscow on 5th Nov that we can try out a pint in the Ashtray (Ash Tree) then tram to the ground ;-)

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.tfgm.com/Corporate/media_centre/Pages/News.aspx?articleId=322" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.tfgm.com/Corporate/media_cen ... icleId=322</a>

No prices up on metrolink site yet.

Does anyone know how much wait to expect to get a tram from picc. Station to the stadium on a champ. League night? Would be at the station at about 6.15 pm for the Pilzen game and was wondering if the queues would be big at the time? Thanx in advance.

blueste41 said:
Does anyone know how much wait to expect to get a tram from picc. Station to the stadium on a champ. League night? Would be at the station at about 6.15 pm for the Pilzen game and was wondering if the queues would be big at the time? Thanx in advance.

Usually less than 10 minutes

blueste41 said:
You should be there in ten to fifteen minutes from my experience. Expect the trams to be crowded.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.