Metrolink to the stadium

blue underpants said:
black mamba said:
m32blue said:
Just reading through this thread but still a bit puzzled.
Are there any plans to run through from Altrincham line via town to the ground ?
Like you can board at Stretford and go alway the way to Bury or Chorlton trams run to Oldham Mumps ?

Cheers

It's my guess that you'll have to get off the metrolink from Atrincham/Stretford in Manchester city centre .. and then get another tram from Piccadilly Gardens that serves the new East Manchester line (Droylsden bound) to the Etihad 'halt'.

I could be wrong though ....
Your not that is exactly right, from Alty Stretford line you have to change atPiccadilly Gardens then walk down to Piccadilly Station as the Stadium tram is on the Bury to Droylsden line which goes into Piccadilly Station only !!!
Confused ?
It will be confusing but in afew weeks second nature

That's not true, the regular Bury-Droylsden trams go through Picc. Gardens on the way to the station. It's the special shuttle service that goes just between Picc station and the Etihad.

law74 said:
pinkwheeltrim said:
On a side note,I live on a canal boat and I was thinking of running canal trips up to the stadium for all the new tourist fans we have,think it would be a winner!

Never mind the "new tourists" serve a decent pint at realistic prices and you will fill the bar sorry the boat every home game
It would take you ages from Piccadilly basin to the Etihad theres loads of locks

black mamba said:
m32blue said:
Are there any plans to run through from Altrincham line via town to the ground ?
Like you can board at Stretford and go alway the way to Bury or Chorlton trams run to Oldham Mumps ?

Cheers

It's my guess that you'll have to get off the metrolink from Atrincham/Stretford in Manchester city centre .. and then get another tram from Piccadilly Gardens that serves the new East Manchester line (Droylsden bound) to the Etihad 'halt'.

Not sure why you would walk from Gardens when the Alty/Sale line goes directly into Piccadilly train station!

So not sure why a need for a change at all coming from Cheshire and South of the city?

lancs blue said:
blue underpants said:
black mamba said:

Your not that is exactly right, from Alty Stretford line you have to change atPiccadilly Gardens then walk down to Piccadilly Station as the Stadium tram is on the Bury to Droylsden line which goes into Piccadilly Station only !!!
Confused ?

That's not true, the regular Bury-Droylsden trams go through Picc. Gardens on the way to the station. It's the special shuttle service that goes just between Picc station and the Etihad.
Thank you for putting me right, i thought that would be the case as the Bury to Piccadilly Station tram goes through Piccadilly Gardens
Im going off what i was told in the GMPT office today, thought they was wrong, theres a lot of very confused people knocking about

tolmie's hairdoo said:
black mamba said:
m32blue said:

Cheers

Not sure why you would walk from Gardens when the Alty/Sale line goes directly into Piccadilly train station!

So not sure why a need for a change at all coming from Cheshire and South of the city?
Had a look at the route map and those at the Didsbury / Burnage / Stockport end have no direct route to the Etihad.

blue underpants said:
black mamba said:
m32blue said:

Cheers

Confused ?

Simple
Altrincham to Piccadilly (Yellow) and pick-up the Bury to Drolysden tram (Skyblue) or change at Piccadilly Gardens

http://www.metrolink.co.uk/stationinfo/Documents/Services_Map_Dec2012.pdf

Just like the Tube in London they name each line

There is a handy iPhone app maybe even Android? Although awaiting update for the opening

Trams are now running on the EML. :-)

11 years late. Lol!

8447480440_78b7fb255f_c.jpg

Pics here. <a class="postlink" href="http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=866944&page=1422" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthrea ... &page=1422</a>

Whilst not the best app in the world it does do the basics well.

Mxdata have an Android app for the metrolink.
Yet to open up the new lines on the app, however you can clearly see Blues travelling from Bury will be able to directly get to Etihad Campus :)

Be good when the whole network is up and running including the airport link, can't see it being extended anytime soon and tbh can't see the need as other areas such as Stockport have good rail links though I think Hyde rd thru to Denton would be useful.....

blue underpants said:
law74 said:
pinkwheeltrim said:
On a side note,I live on a canal boat and I was thinking of running canal trips up to the stadium for all the new tourist fans we have,think it would be a winner!

Never mind the "new tourists" serve a decent pint at realistic prices and you will fill the bar sorry the boat every home game
It would take you ages from Piccadilly basin to the Etihad theres loads of locks
Locks = Pints

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.