Mexico

This.
I used to go there a lot for work and loved it, but I was lucky enough to stay in good areas, like Polanco in Mexico City.
One time I was up in Cuidad Juárez which has always been one of the more dangerous cities, but at the time, around 2004/5, it really was dicey. The day after I left about a dozen people were shot dead in a police/ drug gang shoot out, that happened quite literally where I’d been standing 24 hours earlier.
I remember meeting a mate in London, can't remember the year but a few days later the biggest car bomb the IRA ever set off in London exploded within feet of where I had stood

Bloody catholics
web3-camilla-parker-bowles-engagement-ring-john-pannell-cc.jpg

Catholics stealing your wives/husbands.

I've never understood why anyone would go to Mexico when we have the Canaries a shortish flight away.
did the 12 hour flight to Puerto Vallarta Jan 20, brilliant place, sat on balcony most evenings with a slurp watching humpback whales doing what they do in the bay, magical, though saying that it's the relative short hop again to Lanzarote for this new year, not as warm, not as scenic but the 12 hours was a killler

did the 12 hour flight to Puerto Vallarta Jan 20, brilliant place, sat on balcony most evenings with a slurp watching humpback whales doing what they do in the bay, magical, though saying that it's the relative short hop again to Lanzarote for this new year, not as warm, not as scenic but the 12 hours was a killler

Was in lanzarote this Jan gone (mid Jan) … was warm enough for sun bathing (low 20s) but certainly not hot … was comfortable

I'm lucky enough to spend most of my visits in the good places these days, I'm literally 12 hrs back from there but I've been to some of the scariest places and dealt with the scariest people. Life is very very cheap and it's important to acknowledge how lucky we are in the western world.
You really get a sense of that from all the documentaries about gang violence in Mexico (and indeed Colombia before that).

A hop, skip and a jump away for me. Don't do anything stupid and you won't get killed.

No idea why the font is al fucked up.
You and the rest of Canada judging by my recent trip!! Haha! Had to fly into Toronto on way back, the staff in that airport are miserable as fuck aren’t they!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.