Micah Richards (2014/15)

Cheadle_hulmeBlue said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
On a purely technical level, possibly the worst footballer we have had since the takeoever.

And I include the much-maligned Stefan Savic in that, someone else who could play the right-back role much better than Richards.

what a load of shit. He wasn't silva technically but he was a brilliant defender for us. you sound bitter about him for some reason

I miss him being in the squad now, we are lacking an academy player.it doesn't feel right that he isn't in the squad tbh

Nope, nothing to be bitter about, although I am relieved I won't have to wince through his blunderbuss approach in a City shirt ever again.

Don't confuse my feelings towards the player and him being a decent enough lad, genuinely.

A brilliant player, though?

Outside of Sergio's debut at home to Swansea, the 6-1, when you could drive a coach and horses through that United team, and possibly the fortunate 1-0 derby victory courtesy of Geovanni, and there is little left to romanticise over.

No first touch, where the simplest short pass was always too heavy, not knowing when to give or go, a fraudulent swallow-diver when his lungs had given up.

I firmly believe his terrible injury record is down to a major lack of footballing intelligence. A danger to both himself, opponents and even his own team-mates (*see Kompany day before Liverpool game last season).

He is a bull on rollerskates, and it's clear Fiorentina didn't need too long to assess his qualities.

Outside of all that, I hope he continues to make a shitload of money, wherever he ends up, and can be happy.

Showed alot of promise but as things moved on has failed to deliver. Maybe down to the injuries he had sustained and never getting a proper run due to Zaba's form and intelligence.

I don't think the role of Attacking fullback suited him - He got too muscular in my opinion which limits mobility for the role of an attacking full back. At times when he has played he had been the weak link attacking outlet for the counter attacking teams. Shame really as he was one of us and had great potential.

Hope he gets a club and run somewhere but defo not good enough for our squad.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
Cheadle_hulmeBlue said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
On a purely technical level, possibly the worst footballer we have had since the takeoever.

And I include the much-maligned Stefan Savic in that, someone else who could play the right-back role much better than Richards.

what a load of shit. He wasn't silva technically but he was a brilliant defender for us. you sound bitter about him for some reason

I miss him being in the squad now, we are lacking an academy player.it doesn't feel right that he isn't in the squad tbh

Nope, nothing to be bitter about, although I am relieved I won't have to wince through his blunderbuss approach in a City shirt ever again.

Don't confuse my feelings towards the player and him being a decent enough lad, genuinely.

Outside of Sergio's debut at home to Swansea, the 6-1, when you could drive a coach and horses through that United team, and possibly the fortunate 1-0 derby victory courtesy of Geovanni, and there is little left to romanticise over.

No first touch, where the simplest short pass was always too heavy, not knowing when to give or go, a fraudulent swallow-diver when his lungs had given up.

I firmly believe his terrible injury record is down to a major lack of footballing intelligence. A danger to both himself, opponents and even his own team-mates (*see Kompany day before Liverpool game last season).

He is a bull on rollerskates, and it's clear Fiorentina didn't need too long to assess his qualities.

Outside of all that, I hope he continues to make a shitload of money, wherever he ends up, and can be happy.

Overall, that is a fair appraisal of Micah

Cheadle_hulmeBlue said:
Manc in London said:
Cheadle_hulmeBlue said:

How do you define brilliant? For me, Baresi was brilliant. So to were the likes of Maldini, Desailly and Cannavro. Richards?

When he first played for us, Micah was a breath of fresh air at a time when we needed a boost. He played well above his years. He also performed well in some big games, particularly in a couple against the Rags. He also performed admirably in the 2011/12 season. He had drive, energy and enthusiasm. His technical ability may well not be as hood as Silva's, although to be fair not many players in the world can match Dave. However, Richards' technical ability is not even at the level of Johnson, Walker and Clyne.

On a number of occasions during his last two seasons with the club, he would infuriate me with his lack of effort and energy. He would seem to fall over in the oppsition half just after losing the ball. It appeared to be a blatant attempt to avoid having to run back into our half to defend.

i never compared him to cannavaro or maldini and have no idea where your getting that from. In our first title winning season he was brilliant in my opinion and was better than zaba for a lot of that season. the same walker that constantly gives the ball away or johnson who is shit. You dont have to be amazing technically to be a good defender. Players like neville, terry and cahill aren't amazing technically neither is zaba, but they are still solid defenders. there seems to be so much emphasis on technical ability rather than actually knowing how to defend. Maybe we should fill our team with david luis type players- great technically but awful defenders.

Of course, you did not compare him to Baresi et al. However, you referred to him as 'brilliant'. I was merely making the point that he isn't and that the ikes of Baresi were 'brilliant'

You talk about the technical ability of defnders like Terry and Neville. Again, they are/were not Silva level but they were technically competent. They are/were far smarter than Micah. I'd put Zaba in the same bracket as he is more technically accomplished than Micah.

Of course, there is more emphasis on technical ability of defenders. it is the way the game is going. All players need to comfortable in possession. It makes a team more effective and more dangerous. There are plenty of defenders who are technically good and excellent defenders.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
Cheadle_hulmeBlue said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:

I agree completely. Hes hardly pulling up any trees at Fiorentina is he ? On the bench again tonight and six apps all season. A total myth !

Micah talks too much. We sold SWP to QPR and we never ever heard a word from him. Micah is bittter as fuck.

bitsmith said:
Micah talks too much. We sold SWP to QPR and we never ever heard a word from him. Micah is bittter as fuck.
Talk about irony, utter nonsense.

Love Micah to bits but if we were honest we'd say that his career as a player at City had run its course. Wish the lad all the best and hope he remembers us fondly in the coming years.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.