Micah Richards (2014/15)

Mister Appointment said:
Mikejl said:
I'd take him over Sagna every day of the week

Take him where? To the pictures? For a Nandos? You wouldn't take him as a footballer over Sagna though would you as Sagna's just in a whole other league to Micah. And don't get me wrong I love Micah the bloke, but as a footballer you think he'd be marking players like Hazard and Ribery with the intelligence of Sagna - absolutely no chance.

Not had your coffee, croissant and Figaro yet Billy? Unusual construction for you :-)

GaudinoMotors said:
Mister Appointment said:
Mikejl said:

Take him where? To the pictures? For a Nandos? You wouldn't take him as a footballer over Sagna though would you as Sagna's just in a whole other league to Micah. And don't get me wrong I love Micah the bloke, but as a footballer you think he'd be marking players like Hazard and Ribery with the intelligence of Sagna - absolutely no chance.

Not had your coffee, croissant and Figaro yet Billy? Unusual construction for you :-)

You've lost me.

Mister Appointment said:
Mikejl said:

Funny.. Id take him to Nandos if he was paying, thogh I'd expect San Carlo at least as a venue

Talking about ability, in the first Premier league winning season he was by a distance the best English Right back and as good as Sagna at that time, would any of us done a swap deal at the time for Bacary with Micah - i doubt it - However, fear of injuries and a loss of confidence have diminished him though - A fully fit, confident Micah vs. the slow and laborious build up that Sagna offers us, no contest for me, comparing apples with pears though I guess as Micah seems a busted flush now

Mikejl said:
A fully fit, confident Micah vs. the slow and laborious build up that Sagna offers us, no contest for me, comparing apples with pears though I guess as Micah seems a busted flush now

Exactly.

I also don't think Micah was ever as good as we thought he was in those early years.

EDIT:

It's funny that Sagna's attacking play gets so much criticism. Micah was hardly Dani Alves, even at his best. His physicality made him a problem for opposition wingers/full backs but ultimately his end product was next to nothing because technically he just isn't a top level footballer.

Mister Appointment said:
Mikejl said:

Micah is a much better footballer than Sagna

ell said:
Mister Appointment said:
Mikejl said:

Micah is a much better footballer than Sagna

The sun only rises once a month.

See how easy it is to write a sentence which is factually nonsense but sounds authoritative.

Mister Appointment said:
Mikejl said:

Spot on.

We all like a youth player coming through the ranks and making the 1st team , and Micah was a great example , maybe if we hadnt had the investment , we would be a mid-table/europa team and no doubt Micah would be one of the stalwarts. The club have moved to a different level and unfortunately Micah didnt , Nice lad and city through and through , hope he finds a solution to his horrendous injury record and regains his England place , he certainly has the ability.

Mister Appointment said:
Mikejl said:

Now you see I was beginning to think that I might be wrong about Micah (I love the guy) until you mentioned intelligence and Sagna in the same sentence, an oxymoron if ever I read one. Sorry, as a footballer Sagna may be ok, he has yet to convince me 100%, but what I've seen of him does not convince me of his intelligence I am sad to say.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.